Thread: CVCX Advanced strategy

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

CVCX Advanced strategy

I am trying to setup an Advanced strategy that includes tables for 6 and 8 decks, including S17 and H17. Column 2 is for S17, column 4 is for H17. Problem is I cannot seem to modify any of the buttons in column 4, despite all the buttons in columns 1 and 2 being green. The button below column 2 is blue. How should I proceed?

I am trying to run a simulation for 3 different rule sets. Can CVCX do this all in one shot?

MJ

Blog Entries

You can sim 16 rule sets in one sim. But, you cannot sim 6 and 8 decks in the same sim if the indices are different depending on number of decks. With balanced counts, makes little sense to have different indices for six and eight decks. You can have different indices for single deck and shoes, or SD and DD, or SD/DD and shoes. Otherwise, if you want different indices, create two sims.

The available columns depend on the settings on the Type screen.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

I am simulating KO-P. The only difference between the tables for 6 and 8 decks is 16 vs 10, where you stand at the key count. That's it! So I guess I have to run separate simulations?

I can still combine the 8 deck simulations which differ for S17 and H17. If I recall, I selected Advanced strategy and multiple decks for Affecting options. The 3rd and 4th columns appear in their entirety, but I cannot seem to select any of the buttons. How do I copy the tables from column 2 to column 4? All the buttons in column 2 are green except the blue button at the bottom.

MJ

Blog Entries

You may be able to use the Groups function. It allows five groups of indices set for 1 to 8 decks in the same strategy. See how the KO Preferred strategy is set up in the Olaf Vancura folder. Just init a new strategy based on it.

You must select Dealer hits soft 17 to light up columns 3 and 4. Click the blue button in the fourth column to copy column 2 to 4. I just looked it up in the help.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Sorry to ask so many questions. The Help pages are indeed helpful.

For the Wong by Depth feature on the Wonging screen, I select Start play @ Shuffle and Stop Play @ RC <=, specifying the RC for all 6 depths. When I press the Exit button, the Wonging button is blinking. It says in the Help screen that the Wonging button will blink if the Start Play and Stop Play are both set to Shuffle, which is not the case here.

Speaking of Wong by Depth, does CVCX use rounding or flooring to account for the decks in the discard tray? I remember when you had to use CVData for this and it required a multi-betting strategy where you had to specify the card intervals for each deck. I guess times have changed.

MJ

Blog Entries

No, the Help says it will blink if not set.

I believe it uses rounding for deck estimation. You can change this if you also have a CVData license, select CVCX as the simulator, and run CVCX from there. CVData allows you to run CVCX borrowing additional CVData options.

CVData has not required using a multi strategy for this for over a decade.

Just curious, when you ran the canned simulations for a given strategy which include all these different rules, did you do it all in one sim or did you run many and then combine them into a single file?

Blog Entries

One sim.

The canned sims are just a starting point. There are a massive number of possible sims when you look at all of the possible settings and indices used. People play differently. I always suggest users run their own sims with their own settings so that the results match their personal play.