Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How to bet if you know the possibilities before each hand.

Banned or Suspended

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    How much is the possibility to lose it all?
    I've read somewhere it's about 13% in the long run. But how long is the long run?

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    Don, the problem with your literal interpretation is that OP, or anyone for that matter will never win 2.5% more hands than they lose. I believe it’s possible to win more hands than lose only at very high counts exceeding TC5. Ties are ties and aren’t entered into this thought process excercise.
    Yes, in a shoe game, it would take about +10.

Don

Quote Originally Posted by wax View Post
    Oh, it's much lower than i expected!
    Do you know maybe the exact variance for an 8-deck, dealer stands on all 17s, DAS?
    You ask strange questions. Do you want the variance of a hand at each true count? Or, do you want the global variance for a counter who is spreading his bets? And, if so, in what manner? Please don't ask short one- sentence questions that don't specify properly what you're looking for. I can't answer them if they're expressed like that.

Banned or Suspended

Ok, the difficult staff is how this bjstat calculator calculates the edge. All others are simple.

Banned or Suspended

When you have True Count on Thorp counting TC=10, how much is the bet percentage? Do you know?

Usually, every TC point changes the advantage by 0.5%
    So, a TC of 10 would give you about 5% advantage minus the house edge (say 0.5%) for a net 4.5%
    If your bankroll is $10K, you should bet $450 divided by the variance (say 1.3225) = $340 for a full Kelly bet or 13.53% RoR without replenishing your bankroll.
    If you prefer a lower RoR (say 1.83% or half Kelly), then divide the bet by 2 and you get $170
    G Man

Quote Originally Posted by G Man View Post
    Usually, every TC point changes the advantage by 0.5%
    So, a TC of 10 would give you about 5% advantage minus the house edge (say 0.5%) for a net 4.5%
    If your bankroll is $10K, you should bet $450 divided by the variance (say 1.3225) = $340 for a full Kelly bet or 13.53% RoR without replenishing your bankroll.
    If you prefer a lower RoR (say 1.83% or half Kelly), then divide the bet by 2 and you get $170
    The value of index play in the higher counts increases that edge that I would average about .7% per TC starting on a risk averse basis at about TC3 - 8 v6 for example, 8v5 and 99v7 at TC5 and 10 v 10 at TC7. Splitting 10’s (I don’t split) v4,5,6 are also of interest to some players. Proponents of QTC would expect to see higher returns.

Although profitable, I would question the wisdom of some if these plays with those in shoestring bankrolls.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123