See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CV Index

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

CV Index

Norm, do indice values change based upon 6 or 8 decks, rules (such as S17/H17 and/or RSA), and location of cut card? Just wondering if it is worth running sims that taken into account the above variables.

Thanks,
    MJ

Blog Entries

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    They certainly change based on decks and rules. Although, using 6 deck indices with 8 decks is fine for balanced strategies. Penetration has some effect, but not significant.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    They certainly change based on decks and rules. Although, using 6 deck indices with 8 decks is fine for balanced strategies. Penetration has some effect, but not significant.
    What about for KO?

Blog Entries

Well, unbalanced strategies generally have larger index differences betwixt number of decks. Of course, this is affected by the initial running counts.

It's difficult to answer general questions like this due to the myriad methods used by various strategies. One thing that is important, is that the more decks; the less important are indices.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Well, unbalanced strategies generally have larger index differences betwixt number of decks. Of course, this is affected by the initial running counts.

It's difficult to answer general questions like this due to the myriad methods used by various strategies. One thing that is important, is that the more decks; the less important are indices.
    Would you advise using KO-P indice values for 6 decks, DAS, DA2, LS, RSA as well as 8 decks, DAS, DA2, LS? To tell you the truth, I really can't see myself memorizing different indice values for different rules. Does anybody really do that?

As a general rule, do indice values increase or decrease as rules deteriorate? ????

MJ

First things first: one index, two indices. There's no such word as "indice" (singular).

Quote Originally Posted by MJ1 View Post
    I really can't see myself memorizing different indice values for different rules. Does anybody really do that?
    Well, of course. You can't use the same indices for H17 as you do for S17, for the plays that are affected. Ditto for pair splitting when NDAS compared to DAS. They're completely different.

Don

Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post
    First things first: one index, two indices. There's no such word as "indice" (singular).

Well, of course. You can't use the same indices for H17 as you do for S17, for the plays that are affected. Ditto for pair splitting when NDAS compared to DAS. They're completely different.

Don
    Thanks, Don. When you say "for the plays that are affected" do you mean the handful of plays where the BS will vary? Also, do you think it is a bad idea to use S17 BS for a H17 shoe game? I like to play one way and not vary too much. My primary game is S17 so that is the strategy I learned. I don't want to slow down my play at the tables by incorporating different strategies. Will this cost much in terms of SCORE when using a 2x1 to 2x16 spread?

I found this table which is useful: https://www.blackjackincolor.com/penetration13.htm

Norm, what bet spread was used to create this table?

MJ

Blog Entries

No idea.

No idea.
    Why didn't you stipulate spread at the bottom like you did all the other parameters?

Blog Entries

There exist a huge number of variables. These charts are designed to provide general ideas of effects. The are not designed to answer every specific question.

When you say "for the plays that are affected" do you mean the handful of plays where the BS will vary?
    I usually mean what I say. :-) For certain plays, when the rules are H17 instead of S17, the indices change. Indices have nothing to do with BS, other than the fact that you use indices to deviate from BS. So, the BS for a play can be the same regardless if H17 or S!7, but the two indices for the play can be different. Do you understand the distinction?

Also, do you think it is a bad idea to use S17 BS for a H17 shoe game?
    If I were playing, yes, I think it would be a bad idea. As to how much SCORE it would cost you, I can't really say. Few people run sims purposely using the wrong BS and indices for the game in question. If you're going to switch between games with different rules, I'd learn the right indices and BS for each game. But that's just me.

Don

Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post
    But that's just me.
    Me, too.

Blog Entries

With the rules these days, that's the only choice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast