Thread: 1:10, or 1:15?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

1:10, or 1:15?

If I spread from one hand of 1 unit to 2 hands of 7.5 units, do you call this a 1:10 spread? Do you call it a 1:15 spread?

I often hear that a 1:10 spread (for example) is required, but I always play two hands, if I can . So what does 1:10 spread mean for two hands?

I considered that a 1 to 15 bet spread. The spread is the combined total maximum units bet in relation to the minimum unit bet. Since you are playing at the maximum 2 x 7.5 units that is equivalent to 15 units on a single hand. Hence a 1 to 15 unit spread.

I like to play a 1 to 12 bet spread with a max bet of 12 units at +5 or higher.
    So for a TC of 0, +1, +2, +3, +4, +5 my corresponding bets on a single hand are 1, 2, 3, 6, 9, 12 units.

If I play two hands, when other players at the table, I would add the 2nd hand at a TC +3, so my corresponding bet spread would look like 1, 2, 3, 2x3, 2x4.5 and 2x6 units for the same TC range.

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousOne View Post
    Since you are playing at the maximum 2 x 7.5 units that is equivalent to 15 units on a single hand. Hence a 1 to 15 unit spread.
    Sorry, but that just isn't true.

Don

Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post
    Sorry, but that just isn't true.

Don

I stand corrected, yes Mr. Ed your 2 by 7.5 is a 1 to 10 spread when playing two hands as you are playing a combined 15 units with two hands and 150% of a single max bet.

I have overlooked the covariance of playing two hands.

When utilizing any bet spread, the optimal covariance and spread of two hands is gained by betting 3/4 of the desired unit size on each hand (a combined 150% of the desired unit size of a single hand). This will keep the RoR the same for two hands vs one hand.
    Last edited by CuriousOne; 05-19-2022 at 06:04 AM.