See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: True count when using half deck resolution

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

True count when using half deck resolution

Hi all, I do fine with true count calculations when using full decks to divide but when using half decks it slows me down too much to actually use while playing. What is the method that y'all use to arrive at the true count on half decks quickly while playing?
    An example would be maybe +19 with 4 decks left. I would quickly know if was +4 because I'm flooring and it doesn't reach +5. But on the other hand +19 with 3.5 decks left takes me quite a while to come up with the answer of +5. It's not that bad when not trying to do everything at table but much more difficult for me in real time. Im just curious how everyone else does it with the least mental strain. Thanks everyone!

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Two ways
    19/3 decks=6 and 19/4 decks=4 (both truncated to 0 decimal points). Mid point 4 & 6 is 5

My preferred way is to interpolate
    19/3.5=5(floored). I now know the actual true count is >5
    True6 x 3.5=21. True is close to 6. If I do have a difference sized bet for 5&6, subject to factors - I’ll be in the middle.

Regardless, subject to factors I’ll be at or close to super max (depending on store I’m at)

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    Two ways
    19/3 decks=6 and 19/4 decks=4 (both truncated to 0 decimal points). Mid point 4 & 6 is 5

My preferred way is to interpolate
    19/3.5=5(floored). I now know the actual true count is >5
    True6 x 3.5=21. True is close to 6. If I do have a difference sized bet for 5&6, subject to factors - I’ll be in the middle.

Regardless, subject to factors I’ll be at or close to super max (depending on store I’m at)
    I've flouted philosophies on beating sims. They’re 3 main. One of them is in here.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    I've flouted philosophies on beating sims.
    Treated them with disdain, huh? Not your weekend language-wise.

Don

Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post
    Treated them with disdain, huh? Not your weekend language-wise.

Don
    Nitpick

• find or point out minor faults in a fussy or pedantic way.
      "the state is nitpicking about minor administrative matters"

but….is it?

flouted
      past tense: flouted; past participle: flouted

• openly disregard (a rule, law or convention).

Definite expansion of paradigms creating “disregard” for common accepted practice.