Thread: Realistic Session Goals

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Realistic Session Goals

Game is $3 min and $25 max

Time is not a consideration in this scenario

My question is a bit of an odd one with no real answer but what would you consider a realistic goal in this type of game without wanting to grind for 10 to 12 hours I live in a town of 40,000 people and a limited number of bars where Blackjack is played I don't want to burn anything out

I'm playing Blackjack to build a bankroll I'm not using this to pay off any significant debts

I realize it's up to each individual person I'm thinking 100 to $200 per session. I don't think it's possible to do a thousand maybe not even five hundred at these stakes without a long grind.

Thoughts and opinions please and thank you

Quote Originally Posted by PocketacesinND View Post

Time is not a consideration in this scenario
    I'll be interested to see if anyone says time should be the main consideration.

When I was playing, my goal was always to play for a certain length of time. Now that I'm playing poker, instead of blackjack, it still is.

I once made $600 at a $2 table at The Tropicana during an all night session. But I don’t remember much - I was really drunk that night and it was part of my best high school friend’s bachelor party.

But my advice to you: play well, play relatively short sessions, and if your game has decent rules, your bankroll will increase in the long run. But to be honest, I am skeptical about a $3 table having decent rules.

Hi ND. I read from your other post and The rules seem fair enough (3:2, DAS, S17) which surprises me for a $3 table. I think I might move to ND. Where is your nearest Ski Mountain?

Yes, I agree with you that you have been lucky so far - your winnings are above what you would have expected so far.

Good luck!!

Mister Ed were rather a flat State a little bit of skiing here and there but you're going to need to go to Montana for the good stuff