Thread: Blackjack Journal day one i..........input appreciated positive or negative

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Blackjack Journal day one i..........input appreciated positive or negative

I'm a player in North Dakota the bars that I play at have the following rules

$3 - $25 min/max
    No surrender
    Six deck
    Dealer stands on soft 17
    Blackjack pays 3 to 2
    Double Down available on split cards

If there are any other rules that I'm leaving out that would leave make your advice more accurate please let me know

I have been using apps to work on my true Count and my card counting but an actuality at the table it's much more difficult I found I'm not sure if it's better to count the cards individually as dealers lay them out or if I should be counting cards by sets the first two cards of each hand and then continue on as people hit or stand

Anyway played today for an hour and a half at $5 on my One X bet and made $140

I attribute this mostly to luck although I do know basic strategy down pat and I am just curious as to what people think I can do to become better besides practice and practice some more

Day 2 played for an hour and 40-minute positive 117 I took to heart what people said about how to count cards Hand by hand versus across-the-board a little bit better still have a lot of practice I need to do only made one error in my play that I know of other than keeping track of count but better than yesterday

Banned or Suspended

This is good. You are on track.

Day 3 played for an hour and 35 minutes.

I am + 120 on the day and count went better true Count worked out well today and think I played strong.

I know you can't win every day but it's nice to start out with a few victories

great , what was your bankroll ?