Thread: Betting Strategys

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Betting Strategys

Not talking about "Bet Spreads" but rather the strategy in which you place your bets...Just wondering what the consensus is, on how most of you place your bets? I really hate the idea of making a 1 unit bet and then going straight to a 5 or 10 unit bet..Or say losing a 5 unit bet and then going to a 10 unit bet. For me, i only like to increase My bets "after a couple of loses" and IF and only IF the edge increases.

However if i WIN a 2.5 unit bet for example and the count "barely" warrants a 5 unit bet i will then place the 5 unit bet(double up). However had i LOST i would ONLY come back with the 2.5 unit bet even though a 5 unit bet was justified.

Now if i lost AGAIN and the count justifys a 7 or 10 unit bet i will now only increase to the 5 unit bet (but stayed @ 2.5 units if count only warranted a 5 unit edge).

Im not sure why i bet this way but i really seem to have BETTER results betting this way opposed to just betting to the count regardless of winning or losing...Just wondering if others bet this way too? And or what their betting strategys are?
    http://bjstrat.net/cgi-bin/cdca.cgi

Anytime you deviate from optimum you do one or both of these two things. 1. Reduce your EV or 2.Change the variance. Both of those increases your N0. Understanding that whatever you do should enable you as much as possible to bet close to the optimum amount. CVCX is great for toying with betting strategies. The bigger you spread the more room for creativity you have. The tighter your spread the more you have to play like a robot. The literature is full of examples of bet strategies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigplayer said
    The bigger you spread the more room for creativity you have
    To quote the famous Lili Von Shtupp - it’s twue, it’s twue
    https://youtu.be/s9JqbCH4aVw

Room for artistry best practiced heads up or with 1 other player. Artistry best displayed on 6 deck shoe.

bigplayer also said
    The tighter your spread the more you have to play like a robot.
    Not necessarily. Proponents of the regaled FBM ASC Advanced display amazing flexibility in their activities - very much like those shown by Lili Von Schtupp known also as the Teutonic Titwillow
    https://youtu.be/66gc54bZd6Q

I just bet according to the count.

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    Not necessarily. Proponents of the regaled FBM ASC Advanced display amazing flexibility in their activities - very much like those shown by Lili Von Schtupp known also as the Teutonic Titwillow
    https://youtu.be/66gc54bZd6Q
    I cannot believe that you are still clowning around with that FBM ASC Freighter.

Where ya been hiding Bosox?

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox View Post
    I cannot believe that you are still clowning around with that FBM ASC Freighter.
    Good to see you around. Too much good original material to let it go - it has its own cult following as well as its detractors. It has great market presence. Further, Don has expressed an interest of the FBM ASC for inclusion in the upcoming BJA4. I’ve promised reduced reduced royalty structures for the material.

From a marketing standpoint, in addition to sales of concept, accessories will be sold under the market name - FBM ASC Accessories Corp - Dow Nasdaq TSX - FBMAC - and wow, you would admire the creative products line of FBM ASC products - and all this from Feel Good Play.

When's the IPO?

Hello guys, I have been preoccupied having so much fun meeting woman at country clubs. The clubs hire bands that play songs that cater to a somewhat older crowd. I did not realize there was a market for this sort of thing but on any given Friday or Saturday night there may be around two hundred people there all having fun. Currently only one or two people wear mask and people are catching mild virus strains, so far, I have been lucky, but I am not worried, as I did have all my shots.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Ed View Post
    I just bet according to the count.
    I find it hard to do this. To bet "optimally" or according to the count as you so called put it, tends to have extreme swings in one direction or other. I feel or think this would also require a bigger bankroll. I feel one of the most difficult aspects in card counting is being able to recover from shoes or several decks where you lose every Max Bet in a row. This will take the life out of a counter, it will have you steaming, overbetting and making error after error. I applaud those who can actually handle those large up and down swings and the ability to recover from 20 ass whoopings in a row. Too rich for my blood, i cannot handle that much action. I like to take a more subtle approach. Sure you win less but i find it so much more relaxing to win or lose at a slower rate. Not to mention its a little better for cover. Im actually kinda surprised nobody has their own technique and just simply bets according to the count.

I actually learned this betting strategy(for MD) in "Blackjack for Blood." Bryce Carlson stated to never increase your bet by more than two units on a loss and only 4 units if you won. I thought this was a great strategy and pretty much forms the basis on the strategy i now use today.

2units>

Win or lose>
    2x2

Lose>:

2x4

Win:>

4x4

Lose:> 4x8

Win:>8x8
    http://bjstrat.net/cgi-bin/cdca.cgi