See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Black Chip APs

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Tarzan said
    When playing a lower stakes table, even a $25 min. game, they yell out "black action"
    Reminds me of a low class shit hole in Vegas - can’t recall the name (starts with T I think) but 8m pretty sure there was a Green Chip party there one year. On a separate occasion, I hiked from 10 to 30 with dealer yell8ng out Green action immediate,ply attracting th3 occasion of a lady critter who immediately stood guard over the table - protecting the treasury.

About 20 minutes later, I said to the guy next to me - want to see them go ape shit to which he affirmatively replied. I went from $25 to a black chip. I was “removed” from service a moment later - it was pretty funny.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarzan View Post
    The rules. I didn't see any mention of that in the thread thus far.
    Actually, check the very first response.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by UNCBear4SJ View Post
    Actually, check the very first response.
    Oops! Very first answer by 21ForMe and I skimmed right past it. The combination of reading 4 or 5 head-scratchers prior to this post (from the same poster) and then seeing hypotheticals that don't exist "triggered" me?
    Last edited by Tarzan; 01-14-2022 at 06:07 AM.

Tarzan - you should pay more attention to posts by people that you've hung out with on the Boardwalk.

Definitely play $100 tables

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Ed View Post
    If your unit bet is $100, do you play $100 tables? Or do you look for lower limit tables so you can reduce your bet in negative counts?
    This is a no brainer. You can pretty much find heads up $100 tables wherever you go these days, 2 or 6 deck, or one other player. Many times no mid shoe entry so limited ploppies. Playing All at heads up game is way better than sharing table and wonging out. If a simulation says otherwise it’s wrong.

(My empty table experience is Vegas strip or off strip, Reno, and Tahoe)

Quote Originally Posted by McBain View Post
    Playing All at heads up game is way better than sharing table and wonging out. If a simulation says otherwise it’s wrong.
    Can you show us a game that has a better SCORE in a play all situation than in a Wong out one?
    G Man

Quote Originally Posted by G Man View Post
    Can you show us a game that has a better SCORE in a play all situation than in a Wong out one?
    Of course not.
    SCORE is an excellent reference, but it’s not the end all be all. Within 1000 miles of me, to the best of my knowledge, there is only 1 - $100 min game. If more than one, then only one definitely worth playing. Only once have I shared a table - which means wonging out is not an option. That game is sometimes $50 min. I fly to that city specifically for that game, playing cheaper and inferior games - as long as I’m there. Those others are of course beatable, but simply not worth the trip on its own.

Accordingly, a play all style incorporating full negative and positive indexes is used. I agree with McBain on this one, though recognize that differing philosophies of others will guide them to their best course.

Fine for you and the situation you are facing, but would you go as far as adding "If a simulation says otherwise it’s wrong" ?
    I guess not.

We cannot take a mediocre game and call it a good game only because we are playing a lot of hands at this game.
    G Man

Quote Originally Posted by G Man View Post
    Fine for you and the situation you are facing, but would you go as far as adding "If a simulation says otherwise it’s wrong" ?
    I guess not.

We cannot take a mediocre game and call it a good game only because we are playing a lot of hands at this game.
    Yogi Berra said “If I don’t go their funerals, they won’t come to mine”Your point is well taken. Naturally, the game Im referring too is a very good game. That being said, I would absolutely play a mediocre game with high HPH. After all, mediocre is certainly better than crappy.

This example though brings up a very interesting point. I don’t play nearly as much as I used to. When I did play lots, I didn’t mind crappy games. I could beat them, essentially with brute force. If I took a bad beat, I could overcome that with simple volume of play. As I no longer have that luxury, I just find it easier and less aggravating to simply avoid them.

One last point. Another rarity for me - a reasonably good $50 min table that I usually play heads up ended with a 3rd person at the table. Cross referencing to the city that I fly to for heads up $100 min, I was at another store in that city watching in disbelief as a full table DD game, including 1 known counter to me, were playing a $50 min dealing only 33-35 cards (scouting about 5 years ago). Having said that, I don’t mind at all a centre cut DD game heads up.

Edited to add last paragraph.

Last edited by Freightman; 01-24-2022 at 03:12 PM.

For the pure math, if you compare two games with identical rules, one where you play alone and, therefore, play-all, and the other where you play with one other person and Wong out, I'm sure that the Wonger will win more money per hour.

Don

Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post
    For the pure math, if you compare two games with identical rules, one where you play alone and, therefore, play-all, and the other where you play with one other person and Wong out, I'm sure that the Wonger will win more money per hour.

Don
    Per PLAYING hour, yes. Further, in its purest sense, the wonger does not have to overcome house edge, therefore does not need to ramp in order to overcome. However, the heads up player is playing 250 hph. The wonget is playing …..30 maybe. Further, it’s questionable that the wonger will be playing the unknown but regaled system with ASC.

Whether driving or flying, I won’t absorb hotel gas and or car rental expenses aircraft etc. to play 30 hands per hour.

To clarify, wonger playing hour is only for play purposes, backcounting is not included. Frankly, I don’t know how back co7nters evaluate their playing hour.
    Last edited by Freightman; 01-24-2022 at 07:52 PM. Reason: To add last2 lines

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    Per PLAYING hour, yes. Further, in its purest sense, the wonger does not have to overcome house edge, therefore does not need to ramp in order to overcome. However, the heads up player is playing 250 hph. The wonget is playing …..30 maybe.
    No, you're wrong. Do you think I'd be foolish enough to compare apples to oranges? I'm comparing two players each spending ONE hour at the table. I know exactly how many hands the lone player gets, and I know how many the one who Wongs OUT gets-- and it's not 30. That's for Wonging IN; there's a difference. I'm telling you that if you play the game alone and I play the SAME game with one other player Wonging OUT, I will win more money in an hour than you will.

Don

Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post
    ...I'm telling you that if you play the game alone and I play the SAME game with one other player Wonging OUT, I will win more money in an hour than you will.

Don

you meant to say, "I expect to win more in a hour than you expect to"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast