See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 600 unit Bankroll

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

600 unit Bankroll

I have a 600 unit bankroll. Meaning, if I want to play a $1000 table, I need $600,000. How big is your bankroll? Am I too high or too low?

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Ed View Post
    I have a 600 unit bankroll. Meaning, if I want to play a $1000 table, I need $600,000. How big is your bankroll? Am I too high or too low?
    I'm beginning to think that maybe a few books might help.

Don

Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post

Don
    Like Target 21, may be?

Just kidding, Don.

Could not resists to bring it up somehow since you mentioned it somewhere today?

Don
    Like Target 21 maybe?

Just kidding Don.

Could not resist since you mentioned it somewhere today.
    I actually met Jerry a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Secretariat View Post
    Like Target 21 maybe?

Just kidding Don.

Could not resist since you mentioned it somewhere today.
    I actually met Jerry a long time ago.
    Yes, those were interesting times. Jerry was a lovely man who wrote two very helpful and honest books for beginners. But his transformation over to the "dark side" was both surprising and unfortunate. The discussion in which I mentioned him had a similar quality to it, where, all of a sudden, Freightman was claiming returns "above optimal," which, of course, is an oxymoron and simply makes no mathematical sense. That was Jerry's posture: "No sim can capture what we're doing; it's above the mathematics of the game." Oh, really? In short, bullshit. TARGET ushered in the demise of Jerry's reputation as a legitimate blackjack researcher.

Don

Maybe he was sniffing around for too many full ashtrays.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Ed View Post
    600 unit bankroll! You are so rich.

Don said
    where, all of a sudden, Freightman was claiming returns "above optimal," which, of course, is an oxymoron and simply makes no mathematical sense
    One more time
    Basic premise card counting is ratio of high to low cards. Assessing ratio of intermediates adds a further dimension.
    At the end of the day, Law of Large Numbers prevails and the established stats are the stats - on all of the hands as a whole.
    Indices as an example, don’t change the won loss stats - they change dollars won.
    QTC as an example, doesn’t change the win loss stats - it changes dollars won.
    Off the top and cut card increase number of poor QTC hands.
    For argument sake, 2/3 of hand lower QTC, 1/3 of hands higher QTC.
    Playing lower ramp, your % won lost hands doesn’t or only marginally changes.
    Lower ramp reduces dollars won and reduces dollars lost.
    Higher ramp increases dollars won and obviously increases dollars lost.
    If players are honest, most will state units lost when losing will exceed units won when winning. So far, no surprises.
    High TC is preferable as splits doubles etc are more successful than low TC’s
    High TC and QTC are more preferable as splits doubles etc are more successful than high TC alone. What is so hard to understand?
    It takes only the most MODEST of positive change per hour to significantly increase EV - reason it out.

Now, back to that units lost per hour vs units won per hour. Utilizing lower ramp 2/3 of hands reduces both dollars won and especially dollars lost. The thinking player will develop strategies to reduce units lost when losing.

So, lower upper unit of $25 $50 respectively $10k or 20k (lower upper ramp) per hour action at 1% sim rate margin with only the modest improvement of 1 unit at higher ramp (not quite like this) gives you $100 per hour at lower ramp, and $200 + $50 improvement for $250 per hour at higher ramp (per 100 hands each ramp)

Extrapolating further per hour
    2/3 or 67 hands - avg $6700 at risk = $67 per hour
    1/3 or 33 hands - avg $3300 at risk = $33 per hour + 1 - $50 unit improvement per hour = $83 per hour.
    $67 + $83 = $150 per hour vs $100 per hour using TC alone.
    Add to the equation the potential of equalizing units won lost - it only gets more positive.

The example is simplified and frankly, I have no way if coming to a clear figure. In any event, used a 25-400 spread vs 25-200 and 50-400 to come up with numbers.

Made a mistake there. Can anyone find it

Don
    Considering he’s started 12-13 threads in last day or 2, most being moronic utilizing a template likely defined by aceside, further considering I have an unanswered friend request from aceside, now also having an unanswered friend request yesterday from Mr. Ed, I would suggest a high probability that aceside and Mr. Ed are one and the same - isn’t that against the rules.

It takes a high level of intelligence to appear so dumb and stupid. If he is able to transfer his enviable talents to the blackjack table, it will put him in good stead.
    Last edited by Freightman; 01-05-2022 at 01:02 PM.

So what probability do you assign to me and AceSide being the same person? Hehehe. What probability do you assign that we are the same gender?

Should I say “thank you” for your back handed compliment? I do indeed try very hard to appear stupid at the blackjack table. Ironically, it often works even though my play is perfect - ploppies (and dealers and pit staff!) apparently don’t even know Basic Strategy!!

I apologize for moronic questions - I am truly trying to survey an experienced knowledgeable audience about issues I do not know the answers to. I apologize for….nevermind. A wise man once said, “the only dumb question, is the question never asked”.

Have I really started 12-13 threads? I am honored that you are keeping track! Is there a limit?

p.s. I just got “Behind the Black Dome” by T. Dane. Do you think it is a worthwhile blackjack book to read?

We're talking at cross purposes, so it's likely that we're both wasting our time. The discussion is not about how wonderful or not your system is. The discussion is whether, for a given bankroll, once you play your system and determine your edge for any given hand, you can somehow stray from now betting optimally according to that edge and make more money than the optimal bettor. Anyone would understand that that answer can't possibly be yes.

Don

We're talking at cross purposes, so it's likely that we're both wasting our time. The discussion is not about how wonderful or not your system is. The discussion is whether, for a given bankroll, once you play your system and determine your edge for any given hand, you can somehow stray from now betting optimally according to that edge and make more money than the optimal bettor. Anyone would understand that that answer can't possibly be yes.

Don
    In any event, BJA3 will always hold a prominent position in my library . Again, I look forward to your review of FBM ASC and it’s inclusion in your upcoming version of BJA.

On a more serious note, additional value to our discussion I think would revolve around the proven theory of Optimal vs the practical involving house tolerance and longevity vs the needs of EV max for the travelling pro. Someon3 might want to start a new thread,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast