See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where is Your Bankroll?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Where is Your Bankroll?

I have a Home Equity Line of Credit (HELOC) to finance my bankroll. How about you?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Ed View Post
    I have a Home Equity Line of Credit (HELOC) to finance my bankroll. How about you?
    I trust you’re a solid long term winning player. Otherwise, interest rate may well play absolute havoc on you. Your margins are thin.

As long as you’re asking - keep a float, stuffed safety deposit, one of my stock accounts

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    As long as you’re asking - keep a float, stuffed safety deposit, one of my stock accounts
    Heh -- I read this as "one of my sock accounts" and it still made some sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Gronbog View Post
    Heh -- I read this as "one of my sock accounts" and it still made some sense.
    No doubt powered by the predicate

But seriously, your bankroll should be very liquid, but also safe (not 100 bills stuffed under your mattress). What do you actually do?

I can get enough for a trip bankroll directly from the ATM, and I can access my entire bankroll on any business day without jeopardizing my principal. What do you actually do?

But seriously, your bankroll should be very liquid, but also safe (not 100 bills stuffed under your mattress). What do you actually do?

I can get enough for a trip bankroll directly from the ATM, and I can access my entire bankroll on any business day without jeopardizing my principal. What do you actually do?
    A line of credit, in my opinion, is an impeccably stupid way to fund a bankroll. Debt & a bankroll is dumb. If you have the cash to payoff the HELOC loan, just use cash. Money Markets, Online Savings, local institution savings, Deposit Boxes, Cash on hand, etc. Numerous bank accounts at institutions that have locations in quite a few places to ease withdrawing on the go; having cash on hand for immediate use + access to cash via ATM, withdrawals, etc.

But I'm boring. Any cash I need for a time horizon less than three years I keep liquid & low-risk. Nothing crazy, even if it's losing value in the interim by earning next to nothing. A bankroll should [ideally] be one of the smallest pieces of your overall net worth anyway, so you should be able to afford the loss of interest with boring savings. Or if you're open to more risk, a few folks use an index fund in a brokerage account and just accept the swings.

Oh, and it's possible for the financial institution to immediately call the entire HELOC due at any time. Perfect for times when you're experiencing losses.
    You don't score, until you SCORE!

not 100 bills stuffed under your mattress
    There is a famed former(?) member of this forum who used a shoebox.

Ok. Here are my three choices:
    1. Use my existing HELOC as the source of my bankroll
    2. Withdraw money from my HELOC. Invest in a money market and use that as my bankroll.
    3. Don’t play BJ. = just go play without a bankroll.

Recommendation?

Ok. Here are my three choices:
    1. Use my existing HELOC as the source of my bankroll
    2. Withdraw money from my HELOC. Invest in a money market and use that as my bankroll.
    3. Don’t play BJ. = just go play without a bankroll.

Recommendation?
    There’s another way if you are disciplined. I recall Snarky sticking his foot in his mouth when I once suggested (supported by Snyder’s Blackbelt in Blackjack). If I think of it later, I’ll send the appropriate page reference.

Essentially, you need excess funds per month to pull this off. Think of having 0 in the bank, $1000 excess funds per month. Equate the 1k to a 10k bankroll and wager accordingly. If you lose the 1k, stop playing for the month and wait until next month. The reference I provide will give more info.

Interesting. My session bankroll is usually about 1/5 of my total bankroll.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Interesting. My session bankroll is usually about 1/5 of my total bankroll.
    Hmmm. Session bankroll 1/5 of total bankroll funded by line of credit. There’s a shit storm on the horizon.

https://youtu.be/T-2FkSlShqo

Gee, sounds more and more like aceside.

Are you thinking 1/4 of my bankroll would be more prudent for a session?

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    There’s another way if you are disciplined. I recall Snarky sticking his foot in his mouth when I once suggested (supported by Snyder’s Blackbelt in Blackjack). If I think of it later, I’ll send the appropriate page reference.

Essentially, you need excess funds per month to pull this off. Think of having 0 in the bank, $1000 excess funds per month. Equate the 1k to a 10k bankroll and wager accordingly. If you lose the 1k, stop playing for the month and wait until next month. The reference I provide will give more info.
    Look at this thread for loads of info.

https://www.blackjacktheforum.com/sh...ghlight=Snyder

Snarky only stuck his foot up his ass 5 times. He should be commended for his restraint. In any event, Blackbelt in Blackjack pages 147-150 provides additional reference to your query.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast