See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: REKO For 6D S17

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

REKO For 6D S17

Running through sims it looks like the betting ramps suggested here: https://www.qfit.com/rekostrategy.htm Should be modified to start raising at -2 (18 if starting from 0) rather than at -3 (17 if starting from 0) with a deviation point at +3 (or 23 starting from 0) instead of +2 in order to account for the higher house edge (~.56 vs. ~.32). Am I thinking of this correctly or is the strategy in the linked page encompassing the H17 house edge and just settles for a lower overall advantage?

Blog Entries

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    These are suggested strategies that don't take into account the exact circumstances of your game. However, higher EV does not necessarily mean better as you must take into account variance. That's why we maximize SCORE instead of EV. It takes into account variance, and therefore risk.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Thanks. As for the particulars of the question, am I correct or incorrect in thinking that the pivot point for deviation would go up at least one count given the higher house edge on the H17 game (.56% in my case)?

Blog Entries

I don't use the term pivot point as it leads to incorrect calculations, and the basic strategy EV differences you see in books and the I'net don't really apply accurately to counting. Optimal betting isn't that simple.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    These are suggested strategies that don't take into account the exact circumstances of your game. However, higher EV does not necessarily mean better as you must take into account variance. That's why we maximize SCORE instead of EV. It takes into account variance, and therefore risk.
    Thanks again. Took time to meditate on this and came to understand.