See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Case study: Splitting 66v3 or not @ RC7 Double deck

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    Secretariat said
    Regardless of TC, if 6789’s are > 10’s, you are never on the higher ramp.
    Appears you’ve gone further to limit lower ramp to 1 unit under certain card compositions regardless of true count. I can see that. One thing to be cautious of is the higher frequency of 1 unit bets vs overall rounds which would tend to make you stand out more - especially in a 2 ramp system. Im ahead of th3 game in any event, but I can’t compute the additional potential EV of your premise vs mine.
    I understand your caution and it makes sense.
    You middle group includes the 6 which is Tarzan like. I wonder how Tarzan would bet under these scenarios.
    My guess is that he would bet one unit every time.

However, he has all those strategy variations pinned down to perfection (or almost).
    His counts here would be 0-0-0, 0-3-0, 0-6-0, 0-9-0, 0-12-0 as more 789s are played.
    On the other way around. they would go from 0-0-0 to 3-0-3, 6-0-6, 9-0-9, 12-0-12.
    Of course, this is basic Tarzan. The Tarzan Pro would be different as he splits the middle group.

Secretariat said
    EV goes up with only 9x 789s and even more with only 6x789s.
    EV goes down with BS when the number of 789s goes up.
    How fascinating. Correlates to FBM ASC Upper Lower Ramp theory.

Seems to me that an interesting new thread would be the concepts of this thread combined with the brute force approach as outlined in thread - Expert Needs Advice.

Question for debate
    Are you better off trying to knock it out of the park every time at bat or are you better off trying to maximize your revenue over a defined number of sessions - let’s say 10.

Blunt force trauma vs artist based finesse - thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    Seems to me that an interesting new thread would be the concepts of this thread combined with the brute force approach as outlined in thread - Expert Needs Advice.

Question for debate
    Are you better off trying to knock it out of the park every time at bat or are you better off trying to maximize your revenue over a defined number of sessions - let’s say 10.

Blunt force trauma vs artist based finesse - thoughts?
    This thread, which turned out to be a follow-up of the terminated A5v2 thread, has been perhaps the most rewarding thread for me since joining this forum. I am still not able to quantify the value of perfect card play but thanks to KC, I'm getting much closer to determine what is optimal human card play.

The A52 thread turned out to be aggravating somewhat but it was worth it. It just shows that if someone has nothing of value to say, then one should not say anything.

Thanks to Tarzan for reviving this A52 thread in this 66v3 thread! From what I know, Tarzan is the ultimate BJ player.

Now Freightman, you suggest a follow-up of this 66v3 thread which is a follow-up of the A5v2 thread, and would also be a follow-up of the Expert needs advide thread. HAHA! Go ahead! Start the new thread. I am all-in!

Secretariat

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234