Thread: CV Data Discards ?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

CV Data Discards ?

Norm:

When using the Shuffle section of CVData have two ?s:

In CVShuffle you can display the map pre and post plugging vs in CVData you only get one map. First ? - I just wanted to confirm that the map in CVData is the post-plug map (i.e. the final stack of cards in the discard shoe before the shuffling begins? I have been assuming this is the case but cant find anything in the help screens to confirm.

Second ? - does CVData assign any type of count to the cutoffs - lets say a 5/6 pen game and the count of the cards play is +2 - does the program assume that the count for the last deck (the cutoffs or plugs) is -2?? If so and the cutoffs are split - how does the software determine the count for each portion of the cutoffs or plugs?

Thanks

Cohiba

Blog Entries

CVData is pre-plug.

Click Shuffle Tracking Setup on the Nuances-Shuffle tab to determine how the counts are calculated.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

thanks - i wasnt clear on the ? - i think that what you are saying is that the sim uses the card values as they are entered into the discard tray (in the order played) for the purpose of determining the running count of each trackzone. wrt to the mapping feature - i assume that is showing the results of the shuffle which includes the discards and the plugs?

WRT determining the count for the plugs - lets say i have a 5/6 deck game and want to track the last deck (ie the cutoffs) I assume i can just set the start at 260 with a length of 52 and that segment can be tracked even though there wont be any hands played in that section?

Thanks

Cohiba

Blog Entries

The cards are counted as the dealer removes them and places them in the tray, which is a bit different than the order played.

If Post Plug is off, then the stack on the right will consist of the cards from the discard tray with the un-played cards on the top. If the option is on, the stack on the right will represent the cards after the first time one pile exists. For example, if the dealer takes three grabs from the un-played cards and inserts them into the discards, the left stack will represent the cards after all three plugs have taken place. For some reason, I did not include this option in CVData. Have to investigate why. You need to use CVShuffle to use this. In any case, the plugs are performed in the shuffle.

Yes, you can have a trackzone that is never dealt and it will be counted appropriately.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    The cards are counted as the dealer removes them and places them in the tray, which is a bit different than the order played.

If Post Plug is off, then the stack on the right will consist of the cards from the discard tray with the un-played cards on the top. If the option is on, the stack on the right will represent the cards after the first time one pile exists. For example, if the dealer takes three grabs from the un-played cards and inserts them into the discards, the left stack will represent the cards after all three plugs have taken place. For some reason, I did not include this option in CVData. Have to investigate why. You need to use CVShuffle to use this. In any case, the plugs are performed in the shuffle.

Yes, you can have a trackzone that is never dealt and it will be counted appropriately.

Makes sense - got it; thanks. Most of the shuffles i have been looking at it didnt make a difference; have one where it does.

Cohiba