See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Winter 2021-2022 in the U.P.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Now over 300 inches of snow for this winter. We now have less than 80 inches to go to break the all time record. A foot of snow is forecast for the middle of next week.
    https://www.keweenawcountyonline.org/snowfall-full.php

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    The Official Laurium Glacier Meltdown Contest

Here is your chance to win a free Keweenaw Kamo shirt.
    https://johndeeforum.com/threads/the...contest.60317/

......and March Goes Out Like a Lion

Issued: 4:08 PM Mar. 29, 2022 – National Weather Service

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 11 PM THIS
    EVENING TO 2 PM EDT WEDNESDAY...
    ...WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM WEDNESDAY EVENING THROUGH
    THURSDAY AFTERNOON...

* WHAT...For the Winter Weather Advisory, mixed precipitation
    expected. Total snow accumulations of 1 to 3 inches and ice
    accumulations of up to two tenths of an inch tonight through
    Wednesday. For the Winter Storm Watch, heavy mixed precipitation
    possible. Total snow accumulations of up to 10 inches and ice
    accumulations of around one tenth of an inch possible Wednesday
    night and Thursday. Winds could gust as high as 40 mph.

Folks Stranded in the U.P.
    This is what happens when we have an ice storm. The Big Mac might be closed for days. Ah, the poor snowmobilers stranded in the U.P.

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...ose-last-week/

Winter won't die. There was 2 inches of snow yesterday, and today I woke up to 4 inches with a temp of only 23 degrees. There is still 2 feet of snow in my backyard and almost 5 feet snow piles from my roof.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Sucks to be you.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by ShipTheCookies View Post
    Sucks to be you.
    He keeps bragging about the poor life choices he's made. He's retired. he can move, rather than just complain. I don't get it.

Easter 4/17/22
    Here is a picture taken on 4/17/22 looking out into my back yard. Notice the large icicle. Today temp is running about 15 degrees below normal. We shoveled each of the last 3 days and snow is predicated for tonight and tomorrow.

Easter 4-17-22.JPG

Snow Pile Moving Day
    Yesterday I hired someone to do my spring yard cleanup in 10 days from now. Hopefully, the snow will be gone by then, but I still had a 2 ft high snow pile from my roof being shoveled on the north side of the house. Since the sun doesn't shine there, I decided I would help it along and spread it out around the yard where the sun does shine. Took me about a half an hour, and I was pretty tried afterwards.

Now the sun does shine in the back yard except close to the tree line and the snow is melting pretty nicely in the back yard, but still about a foot deep in places. I might have to help that along too.

Anyway, I know a certain person is always interested in these pictures because he always reads this thread and then gives every post an unhelpful rating. I will post a picture just for him. The picture was taken on 5/7/22 showing snow in my back yard. Notice no leaves on the trees and and no bugs. Its a great time to visit the U.P.

Winter 5-07-22.JPG
    Last edited by Midwest Player; 05-08-2022 at 09:20 AM.

Blog Entries

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    What's snow?
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Who says it doesn't snow in May? Yep, May 9th 1990 22 inches of snow in Marquette.
    https://twitter.com/NWSMarquette/sta...436096/photo/1

Going, Going, Gone
    The remaining snow in my yard disappeared on the evening of 5/11/22. Last year it happened on 4/16/21, and the year before that it was on 5/16/20.

On May 1st there was so much snow in my yard I thought it would be around until June, but near record temps in the last week took care of it quickly.
    Last edited by Midwest Player; 05-14-2022 at 02:41 PM.

Yesterday I had my heat on. Today the temp hit 100 and I put the air conditioner on for the first time this year. It has been a rather cold start to the summer so far. Problem is the a/c is a portable and can only cool one room.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast