See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: CVData/CVCX requests

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by bejammin075 View Post
    Jack, I forgot to mention, in post #72, only the indexes at the bottom of the figure were from a sim. I was just simming a few indexes at a time, so in like 10 minutes I just rapid fire ran CVData index sims on Stiff versus 10 Hit/stand, and then listed those indexes underneath my excel table.
    Ya i kinda figured that. Really appreciate you taking the time to upload that for me. Still trying to make heads or tails of it though. Really havent studied much in these type of areas..Took me a second just to read the data in post 72. I see what you meant now when you said the multiplier keeps going up for 14vX until it cant be calculated anymore. What strikes me as kinda odd is 15vsX. I thought for sure the main count would nail 15vs X but it doesnt, the multiplier of 1 gives it a 93% accuracy. But what troubles me, is my MP Table says 4 would be best. I dont understand that because when i look at your chart its only giving me 89% Pe for 15vX. I def. trust your source more than i do mine. A multplier of 4 def. does seem too high for 15vX so i dont know. Perhaps because my MP Table was generated for single deck. I guess im gonna have to download the 3GB MS office software and get Excel.
    Last edited by Jack Jackson; 01-09-2022 at 08:16 PM.
    http://bjstrat.net/cgi-bin/cdca.cgi

A place near me has a side bet that could be counted & simulated, except that one of the hands is not available in CVData. The pay table includes Mix & Match 4-card poker hand made from both player and dealer first 2 cards. The hand on the pay table that I can't specify is 2 pairs.

Blog Entries

That one sounds easy.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    That one sounds easy.
    That’s good to hear. In another current thread, I learned how to sim a side bet with a countable progressive jackpot plus various non-countable mix & match dealer-player poker hands. With the side bet I’m looking at now, both the rare progressive jackpot payout and all the various more common poker hands all hinge on something very countable. I can adapt my system to bear hug those EoRs tightly. It will be very interesting to run sims on this side bet and to determine the frequency of +EV situations at various deck depths and jackpot levels. The side bet is one of the many analyzed by Shackleford, except that the pay table near me is different and appears much more countable. Probably still quite high variance, but not nearly as high variance as depending only on suited ace trips for most of the EV.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In the Side Bet custom rules, when selecting Trips Mxd in a Mix & Match hand, assuming no other 3-of-a-kinds have paid out yet, would that include or exclude a suited 3-of-a-kind?

Blog Entries

Trips Mxd must be mixed. You can test these using the Debug tab on Nuances. It is difficult to use now and I'm making a newer version of debug that's much easier.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Norm, when a simmed CVData player has an attached playing strategy, and a betting side count, which count is referenced after the sim when looking at the optimized bet spread in CVCX?

Blog Entries

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    CVData and CVCX display data by the count used for betting, not playing, however it is calculated. The one exception is when you turn on the Insurance Counts on Nuances-Data-Define Data Captured. In that case, data is displayed according to the insurance count.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567