See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CVHoleCard hole carding software

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    He was removed and reported to SPAM data bases.
    Is that as effective as the do-not-call list?

Blog Entries

Do-not-call is as effective as a dam made out of toilet paper.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Norm - when you go to attach a HC strategy its not clear how you do it. HC strategies direct specific plays against dealer totals (not the upcard) the canned strategies (that presumably you would modify) are based on a player starting hands vs a dealer upcard (not the total). How do you adjust the strategy to include a hole cards vs upcard table?

Thanks - feel like i am missing something obvious

Cohiba

Blog Entries

Open the Wattenberger/QFIT folder
    Open the Hole Card/Next Card subfolder
    There are 29 hole card, partial hole card, and next card strategies in the subfolder; but only the 23 column strategy will be displayed if you are attaching a HC strategy. The first is a 23 column strategy. You can create user strategies based on the 23 column strategy to create your own. And/or, you can use the Cover Play screen to alter them.

hcd1.jpg
    Last edited by Norm; 11-13-2021 at 05:55 AM.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Open the Wattenberger/QFIT folder
    Open the Hole Card/Next Card subfolder
    There are 29 hole card, partial hole card, and next card strategies in the subfolder; but only the 23 column strategy will be displayed if you are attaching a HC strategy. The first is a 23 column strategy. You can create user strategies based on the 23 column strategy to create your own. And/or, you can use the Cover Play screen to alter them.

hcd1.jpg

Thanks - knew i was missing something simple!

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Follow-up ? for Norm - speaking of something simple 1) I assume that the HC strategy is only being invoked based on the peak selection - so if select peek all - then any hand presents a HC opportunity. If select peek t/a only then HC strategy is only invoked when the dealer shows a T or Ace as the upcard? All other hands are played per the playing strategy? So if you select peek T or A up then the Low Card HC strategy is essentially disabled?

Thanks

Cohiba

Blog Entries

Yes, except that the Unseen card strategy on the HC screen is used when the HC is not seen and you can set percentage of time seen. There can be as many as 11 strategies when partial carding. The logs and error screens will show which strategy was violated.

Yes, except that the Unseen card strategy on the HC screen is used when the HC is not seen and you can set percentage of time seen. There can be as many as 11 strategies when partial carding. The logs and error screens will show which strategy was violated.

Norm - i am not following you. I think that we are discussing two different things. I was making an assumption that if I select peek on A/T only that the hole card is only visible anytime a T or A is the upcard. O/W the hole card is not known and your playing strategy in the setup is used.

I think that you are referring to to the partial card info where i am not sure that value of the HC but can limit it to a range of outcomes?

Thanks

Cohiba

Blog Entries

When the card is not seen, the Unseen Card strategy on the hole carding screen is used, which can be a basic or counting strategy. Typically basic.

When the card is not seen, the Unseen Card strategy on the hole carding screen is used, which can be a basic or counting strategy. Typically basic.

I dont have an unseen card screen on my HC Tab - perhaps a later update?

Cohiba

Blog Entries

Are you talking about CVData or CV Blackjack?

That's one of my issues, too. Do I have to store two different HC strategies (one for high upcard one for low upcard) with different names? Are the HC strategies handled the same way in CV (for exercising) and in CVData (for simulation)? In your screenshot of the 23 dealer hands, I could not see whether this is the strategy for high upcard or low upcard. But I admittedly have not yet investigated the Software in detail yet, just read the Skandal so for.

Manual, not scandal

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast