Thread: How would you respond to this?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

How would you respond to this?

This crazy woman yelled, "Table tip!" while making a weird hand signal. I don't understand what she is trying to do. When we had a series of bad hands, she yelled "Table Tip" again on the fourth time while giving the dealer a red chip and nobody moved. This time she said, "Come on, people, we need everybody at the table tip the dealer to turn it around, even just $1 tip helps." Now I understand what she was trying to do, she wants us to follow suit. But this is the craziest thing I ever heard at BJ table. Giving dealer tip while he or she is demolishing the table. How would you respond to her? One young guy did give the dealer a red chips, while the rest of us did not. Dealer won the next hand. The old lady is frustrated. But she did not blame the dealer but those who did not tip. She mumbled to herself and said she wants to move to other table.

Quote Originally Posted by BJGenius007 View Post
    This crazy woman yelled, "Table tip!" while making a weird hand signal. I don't understand what she is trying to do. When we had a series of bad hands, she yelled "Table Tip" again on the fourth time while giving the dealer a red chip and nobody moved. This time she said, "Come on, people, we need everybody at the table tip the dealer to turn it around, even just $1 tip helps." Now I understand what she was trying to do, she wants us to follow suit. But this is the craziest thing I ever heard at BJ table. Giving dealer tip while he or she is demolishing the table. How would you respond to her? One young guy did give the dealer a red chips, while the rest of us did not. Dealer won the next hand. The old lady is frustrated. But she did not blame the dealer but those who did not tip. She mumbled to herself and said she wants to move to other table.
    I would first have to acknowledge that there are other people at the table

Great post! Don't forget you still have to keek your count(s) in situations like this. That's the real challenge. A bank of "automatic" answers is nice to have.

Blog Entries

"Sometimes It's Better to Say Nothing at All"

-Paul Overstreet and Don Schlitz.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

It does not even worth your time to play this kind of table.

Find one by your self. Do your count take money and run away!

I would have left if the count wasn't high. If it was, I would just ignore it until I played through it.
    Casual counter and number crunching enthusiast.

Tell her she can put a tip on my spot for the dealer. I have seen folks put a tip for every player at the table already.

Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Player View Post
    Tell her she can put a tip on my spot for the dealer. I have seen folks put a tip for every player at the table already.
    This is I often see. And what the crazy lady asked others to do is my first time experience.