Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 31

Thread: Those not so neutral 789s at a special RC 0

  1. #11
    Senior Member Tarzan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Atlantic City
    Posts
    1,011


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Sure, but what's that got to do with Nicki Minaj's cousin's friend's balls? Yes, displacement by volume. Surplus {6-9} in the remainder in an even distribution lower the RC, deficit {6-9} in an even distribution in the remainder raise the RC. An uneven distribution within the grouping sends it off in one direction or another from there. 0-10-0 is way different than 10-0-10, generally speaking. I'll be perhaps under or over other counts in comparison, where they get RC+2 across the board, I may get RC+1, match theirs at RC+2, or get RC+3, for example, depending upon what is going on with these middle cards and whether it is an even or uneven distribution of cards within the grouping. Verify that what you are doing checks out is all. When I make an assessment of the deck composition to come up with the RC/TC, I have a sort of "shorthand" that I use for this that I won't go into to avoid being long-winded on the post, but whatever you do or come up with has to be executable at the table.

    It's been a couple of years since I've played in a casino, and although I've enjoyed the hiatus, I look forward to being able to walk into a casino again someday. In getting back to the grind, maybe I'll hear less about Nicki Minaj's cousin's friend's balls.

  2. #12


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarzan View Post
    Sure, but what's that got to do with Nicki Minaj's cousin's friend's balls? Yes, displacement by volume. Surplus {6-9} in the remainder in an even distribution lower the RC, deficit {6-9} in an even distribution in the remainder raise the RC. An uneven distribution within the grouping sends it off in one direction or another from there. 0-10-0 is way different than 10-0-10, generally speaking. I'll be perhaps under or over other counts in comparison, where they get RC+2 across the board, I may get RC+1, match theirs at RC+2, or get RC+3, for example, depending upon what is going on with these middle cards and whether it is an even or uneven distribution of cards within the grouping. Verify that what you are doing checks out is all. When I make an assessment of the deck composition to come up with the RC/TC, I have a sort of "shorthand" that I use for this that I won't go into to avoid being long-winded on the post, but whatever you do or come up with has to be executable at the table.

    It's been a couple of years since I've played in a casino, and although I've enjoyed the hiatus, I look forward to being able to walk into a casino again someday. In getting back to the grind, maybe I'll hear less about Nicki Minaj's cousin's friend's balls.
    Even if I knew that there were 60 low cards left, I would not be able to say exactly how many cards of each denomination are left but let’s assume equal distribution so that would be 12 of each (2, 3, 4, 5, 6). Since the twelve 6s would be in the middle group using the Tarzan count, they would join the twenty-four 789s (8x7, 8x8, 8x) mentioned in the OP for a total of 36 cards in the middle group would. With the T-count we would thus have 48 lows, 36 intermediates, 48 tens and 12 aces for a total of 144 cards.
    It’s my understanding that the Tarzan basic count would be 12-0-12, plus 12 aces, and would not suggest a 2-unit bet.

    However I am not familiar with the advanced T-count. So Tarzan how would you bet this situation with the top version of your T-count considering even distribution of 23456s? In the mean time, I am educating myself on Nicki Minaj.

  3. #13


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretariat View Post
    Half of the shoe is gone, Don. So let’s say there are three decks left which should be 156 cards
    At the 156 cards mark there should be 12 aces, 48 tens, 60 low cards and 36 neutral/intermediate cards for a perfectly balanced shoe.
    However, assume a shortage of 12 x 789s (4x7, 4x8, 4x9) at the 144-card mark.
    That’s 12 neutral cards below normal at slightly below the 3-deck point. That’s what I meant.
    Do you think that eliminates the house edge at 6D, S17,DAS?
    If you had that information at the table would you bet 2 units?
    The precise combinatorial analytic answer is no, because the house edge is 0.1369 for your remaining shoe composition.

    Don

  4. #14


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post
    The precise combinatorial analytic answer is no, because the house edge is 0.1369 for your remaining shoe composition.

    Don
    So that reduces the 0,41 house edge but not enough. Right? Is that because of the fewer DD opportunities?

  5. #15


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretariat View Post
    So that reduces the 0,41 house edge but not enough. Right?
    Right.

    Quote Originally Posted by Secretariat View Post
    Is that because of the fewer DD opportunities?
    Don't know. A sim would tell you if the frequency of DD's was decreased.

    Don

  6. #16


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post
    Right.



    Don't know. A sim would tell you if the frequency of DD's was decreased.

    Don
    Can we modify the decks in CV Data?

  7. #17


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post
    The precise combinatorial analytic answer is no, because the house edge is 0.1369 for your remaining shoe composition.

    Don
    That's what I call a clear answer. I certainly won't contest your math. Thanks Don!

  8. #18


    0 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by BJGenius007 View Post
    I have been using three counts for a very long time. I use Zen, ace side count and 8/9 side count, so I have covered all ranks of cards. This is similar to Tarzan Count. For people who are not familiar with Tarzan Count: In short, basic version of Tarzan count is three columns (2-5, 6-9, 10's) with ASC.
    I just looked up this so-called Tarzan count, but it shows four columns (2-5, 6-8, 9, 10's) of counts with ASC. How can he handle such a complicated count? Tarzan must be a genius!

  9. #19


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Did I say something wrong here above? Why two unhelpful comments?

  10. #20


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by aceside View Post
    I just looked up this so-called Tarzan count, but it shows four columns (2-5, 6-8, 9, 10's) of counts with ASC. How can he handle such a complicated count? Tarzan must be a genius!
    Tarzan is certainly a brilliant mind with a deep understanding of the game but he described himself in a thread as a "trained dog".
    Proper training goes a long way in any field.

    Tarzan's humor is also very subtle. I had my laugh of the day a few minutes ago when I found out the latest news about Nicki Minaj. Until his post I had no clue who Nicki Minaj was as well as her cousin. What a way to draw attention from the White House!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 4-step Martingale on neutral/negative counts as Cover?
    By trotch in forum General Blackjack Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-15-2018, 12:53 PM
  2. Jackie Chiles: Random bets in neutral situations
    By Jackie Chiles in forum Blackjack Main
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12-05-2005, 12:37 AM
  3. Bert Nommel: Simulations: The Ace Neutral Level Two Counts
    By Bert Nommel in forum Blackjack Main
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-01-2003, 11:58 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

About Blackjack: The Forum

BJTF is an advantage player site based on the principles of comity. That is, civil and considerate behavior for the mutual benefit of all involved. The goal of advantage play is the legal extraction of funds from gaming establishments by gaining a mathematic advantage and developing the skills required to use that advantage. To maximize our success, it is important to understand that we are all on the same side. Personal conflicts simply get in the way of our goals.