See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Worst blackjack losing streaks

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Worst blackjack losing streaks

What are your longest blackjack losing streaks? I think this isnt talked about enough. I recently listened to smallcaps first GWAE and he mentioned he had a 500 hour losing streak. It's scary to think about being stuck in anything more than 50 hours.

Be careful about reading too much into these long losing streaks. They would be better characterized as long non-winning streaks.

Quote Originally Posted by dalmatian View Post
    What are your longest blackjack losing streaks? I think this isnt talked about enough. I recently listened to smallcaps first GWAE and he mentioned he had a 500 hour losing streak. It's scary to think about being stuck in anything more than 50 hours.
    I have seen ploppy win 8 straight. He double his bets when he wins. No double and no split. He started from table minimal $25. Then $50, $100, $200, $400, $800, $1600. Because table maximal is $3,000. His last bet is $3,000. Walk home happy with $6,000+ winning.

I once played at a full table where the same ploppy was dealt EIGHT consecutive naturals-all of which he won. I suffered an epic losing streak(downswing) some years ago that I care to never revisit. How many hours? About 1500, that's all.
    Vincit Qui Patitur

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwocky View Post

I once played at a full table where the same ploppy was dealt EIGHT consecutive naturals-all of which he won.
    Hmm. Not sure I'm buying this one. One chance in 25 billion??

Don

Don. I was present during the spectacle. I remember it clearly because the entire table had loudly remarked about it. And yes it was precisely 8 naturals dealt to the same player. As Jack Paar was fond of commenting, "I kid you not!"
    Vincit Qui Patitur

Banned or Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by BJGenius007 View Post
    I have seen ploppy win 8 straight. He double his bets when he wins. No double and no split. He started from table minimal $25. Then $50, $100, $200, $400, $800, $1600. Because table maximal is $3,000. His last bet is $3,000. Walk home happy with $6,000+ winning.
    If he continues this tread for 8 times, he will become a millionaire. Card counting is so easy.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by aceside View Post
    If he continues this tread for 8 times, he will become a millionaire. Card counting is so easy.
    That is the table maximal for. To prevent people like him reaching one million dollars.
    Last edited by BJGenius007; 09-14-2021 at 10:53 AM.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    I once lost 3 hands in a row. it was terrible!

had a dealer once on a single deck game pull three ace up BJs in a row. His fourth hand was a ten-up BJ. I thought that was pretty extreme - didnt cost me much as i had min bets out of course. After the 4th BJ got a courtesy shuffle. A couple other statistical extremes - once a teammate pushed on a straight flush with a dealer at 3 CP. Another 3CP example i got a three of a kind on each of my two hands. Ya see low probability stuff the more table time you accumulate.

Cohiba