See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27

Thread: Calculate EV

  1. #11


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by aceside View Post
    Nobody responded to this question but I received two unhelpful. This is weird.
    You should consider use of the regaled BSST. Faster and more accurate decision making and question asking is easily achievable through increased blood flow through neural pathways thus resulting in generation 5 decision making speed.

  2. #12


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    You should consider use of the regaled BSST. Faster and more accurate decision making and question asking is easily achievable through increased blood flow through neural pathways thus resulting in generation 5 decision making speed.
    You mentioned “blood flow through neural pathways,” and I agree with you especially on this part. It takes many many hours of practice to grasp card counting. It’s for the gifted few for sure.

  3. #13


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by aceside View Post
    You mentioned “blood flow through neural pathways,” and I agree with you especially on this part. It takes many many hours of practice to grasp card counting. It’s for the gifted few for sure.
    More properly described as in increased blood flow through arterial networks increasing blood oxygen content thus resulting in increased electrical stimulus through neural pathways. You can commence on this journey of excellence through rigid digital practice and scenting technique creating an increased arterial diameter.

  4. #14


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    The reason I wanted to know the EV was actually to know if surrenderEV (-50%) was better than the best EV decision (could still be negative EV therefore) from the chart. So you were ahead of me there.
    TBH my neural blood flow is not existent, because I cant make sense of your chart. The only thing I can think of is that you mean pulling out totally is that you receive your complete bet (and these are the positive EV situations)? Is this even a rule somewhere?

  5. #15


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBrightside View Post
    The reason I wanted to know the EV was actually to know if surrenderEV (-50%) was better than the best EV decision (could still be negative EV therefore) from the chart. So you were ahead of me there.
    TBH my neural blood flow is not existent, because I cant make sense of your chart. The only thing I can think of is that you mean pulling out totally is that you receive your complete bet (and these are the positive EV situations)? Is this even a rule somewhere?
    I can calculate these numbers but it will probably take me three days to do it. Another thing bothers me is that every time I publish some number here, nobody seems interested in verifying my numbers.

    If the dealer offers you pulling out your hand bet totally, that often means she made a mistake somewhere and thus would give the player a one-hand promotion. Not a rule.

  6. #16


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBrightside View Post
    The reason I wanted to know the EV was actually to know if surrenderEV (-50%) was better than the best EV decision (could still be negative EV therefore) from the chart. So you were ahead of me there.
    TBH my neural blood flow is not existent, because I cant make sense of your chart. The only thing I can think of is that you mean pulling out totally is that you receive your complete bet (and these are the positive EV situations)? Is this even a rule somewhere?
    I can’t actually decipher your question as you’re responding to an aceside undecipherable response. However,
    1. Yes, your best EV decision may well result in a long term loss for that hand composition
    2. The mathematics of surrender are simple enough. If you win =< than 1 in 4 hands, then surrender is warranted

    Example for breakeven on hands where surrender is warranted
    100 $5 bets, total of $500 at risk.
    Win 25 hands, lose 75 hands, or win $125 lose $375 for overall loss of $250
    Surrender 100 hands, forfeit half your bet or lose $250.

  7. #17


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by aceside View Post
    I can calculate these numbers but it will probably take me three days to do it. Another thing bothers me is that every time I publish some number here, nobody seems interested in verifying my numbers.

    If the dealer offers you pulling out your hand bet totally, that often means she made a mistake somewhere and thus would give the player a one-hand promotion. Not a rule.
    Then I can follow that the white boxes are the actual positve EV situations
    Thats kind of you, but first Ill try to figure out CVData before bothering you.
    Last edited by MrBrightside; 09-09-2021 at 05:39 PM.

  8. #18


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    I can’t actually decipher your question as you’re responding to an aceside undecipherable response. However,
    1. Yes, your best EV decision may well result in a long term loss for that hand composition
    2. The mathematics of surrender are simple enough. If you win =< than 1 in 4 hands, then surrender is warranted

    Example for breakeven on hands where surrender is warranted
    100 $5 bets, total of $500 at risk.
    Win 25 hands, lose 75 hands, or win $125 lose $375 for overall loss of $250
    Surrender 100 hands, forfeit half your bet or lose $250.
    I understand what you say and I think your example is correct. But the question is: when do you win less than 1 in 4 hands when the dealer has his hole card exposed?
    So a 16 is surrender against an A in general, but is a 16 also surrender against A5/do you win less or more than 1 in 4 hands with 16 against a5?
    Your example is the same as EV, just looked from a different/angle perspective no?

  9. #19


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBrightside View Post
    I understand what you say and I think your example is correct. But the question is: when do you win less than 1 in 4 hands when the dealer has his hole card exposed?
    So a 16 is surrender against an A in general, but is a 16 also surrender against A5/do you win less or more than 1 in 4 hands with 16 against a5?
    Your example is the same as EV, just looked from a different/angle perspective no?

    I suppose I should have reviewed the entire thread before responding - My answer to you is that I don’t know. There are hole card players who have this info, wheather they’re here or willing to share is another matter.

    That being said, they’re a number of other situations where the answer would be obvious. I should point out the bulk of my play is no hole card, and where I do play hole card, I don’t attempt to see the hole card.

  10. #20


    2 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    My CA will compute the expectation value and standard deviation knowing the dealer hole card, you just need to have two cards in dealer's hand instead of one. So in the example below we have the EV for dealer Ace with a hole card of 2 vs a player's soft eighteen. You can find my CA below

    https://code.google.com/archive/p/bl...yzer/downloads

    HoleCard.JPG
    Chance favors the prepared mind

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. CVData: How to calculate BC, PE, and IC
    By BabyShark in forum Software
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-08-2021, 07:29 PM
  2. How do you calculate this?
    By blueman in forum General Blackjack Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-27-2018, 11:28 AM
  3. Please help me calculate my EV
    By gdn in forum General Blackjack Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-03-2016, 11:04 PM
  4. how calculate BE
    By BPrenewable in forum General Blackjack Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-15-2015, 02:02 AM
  5. How to calculate EV
    By IronOx in forum General Blackjack Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-12-2014, 01:02 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

About Blackjack: The Forum

BJTF is an advantage player site based on the principles of comity. That is, civil and considerate behavior for the mutual benefit of all involved. The goal of advantage play is the legal extraction of funds from gaming establishments by gaining a mathematic advantage and developing the skills required to use that advantage. To maximize our success, it is important to understand that we are all on the same side. Personal conflicts simply get in the way of our goals.