See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Calculate EV

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by iCountNTrack View Post
    My CA will compute the expectation value and standard deviation knowing the dealer hole card, you just need to have two cards in dealer's hand instead of one.
    This is exactly what MrBrightSide and me are looking for. I cast out a minnow but hooked back a big shark. We definitely have advanced APs here in this forum. Thank you for your hard work.

Quote Originally Posted by aceside View Post
    This is exactly what MrBrightSide and me are looking for.
    Would you like to try that again in English this time!

Don

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post
    Don - You're not giving aceside the credit he deserves. He's a Renaissance man. He's equally inept in several fields besides math.
    Last edited by 21forme; 09-11-2021 at 06:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post

Don
    I am grateful to you for correcting my English problem. You are a super AP after all, so when you comment I know there is a problem somewhere. Let me also take the opportunity to correct the math problems in the chart I posted here earlier.

The calculator from ICountNTrack has verified some of my mistakes in this chart. The biggest mistakes are these: player 10 vs dealer 10, EV<0; 10 vs 11, EV<0. There are also a few other mistakes, so please use the chart with your own discretion.

There are also a few strategy discrepancies between Wizard’s chart and ICountNTrack calculator. Most notable one is 11 vs 10. Wizard says to hit but ICountNTrack says to double. I guess this is because Wizard used infinite deck.
    Last edited by aceside; 09-12-2021 at 06:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by iCountNTrack View Post
    My CA will compute the expectation value and standard deviation knowing the dealer hole card, you just need to have two cards in dealer's hand instead of one.
    Hi ICountNTrack, I found your calculator very powerful but also extremely slow. It took me more than 15 minutes to calculate the player hand 2, 2 vs T, 2 when I chose single deck and 1-split. For my laptop, it is impossible to calculate this hand when I chose 6 deck 1-split. Do you have any simpler calculator for this purpose?

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    My CA computes split EV fully optimally and will take a long time to compute especially for low ranked cards.

Sorry for the late feedback about the calculator, just been on a holiday.
    @iCountNTrack
    Like aceside mentioned, your CA was excatly what I (and aceside) were looking for.
    I have to say that when I use the CA for the max amount of decks possible (8 I think it is, it gives the same results as the wizards chart).
    I would like to mention that when I use the 55 combination (64 combination works just fine), that the program stops responding, maybe that's only for me or maybe you already aware, but so you know.
    Overall it's a an awesome tool and thank you for sharing the solution. If there is any subscription fee or something let me know .

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123