See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For those having a nice Rosh Hashana dinner

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

For those having a nice Rosh Hashana dinner

Dinner’s at my house tonight.
    Interestingly enough, I just got an email from My Heritage . Com with results of a Super Search of my name. According to that email, I’ve been dead for 13 years. Below is the text of my email to them.

“Honest, I’m not dead. Can you let me know who it is that thinks I’m dead? By the way, what’s your best deal on a DNA test. Is there a discount for dead people?”

Im interested if there is.

1 out of 3 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Speaking like a true business oriented Jewish person, always looking for a deal.

Shanah Tovah

Quote Originally Posted by Hsiaodi View Post
    Speaking like a true business oriented Jewish person, always looking for a deal.

Shanah Tovah
    Are you friends with Freightman? If so, i guess it's banter. If not, kindly reconsider your Anti-Semitic views.

I didn’t think that was anti-Semitic by any means.
    businessman? You can call me stereotyping Jewish people, but I consider most of them good business people. How’s that anti-Semitic? Please explain.

businessman? You can call me stereotyping Jewish people, but I consider most of them good business people. How’s that anti-Semitic? Please explain.

Stereotyping people is racist. Your comment is typical anti-semetic rant.

“By the way, what’s your best deal on a DNA test. Is there a discount for dead people?”

You’re a great businessman, Freightman, by suggesting that.

And by the way, Happy Jewish New Year.

Is this what you’re looking for?

Actually, stereotyping in the manner displayed is anti Semitic.

A handshake deal with me is guaranteed money, and a deal is a deal. I negotiate tough, but my deals last because they are fair. The biggest slimeballs I know are not Jewish. They can’t be trusted. They’re loyal to you on their terms and as long as it is to their benefit. I attribute the axiom - Thank you for your business Mr. Customer, but you’d better watch your ass or I’ll nail it to the wall - to some of these individuals.

I learned a long time ago how read read people and who to trust. I wouldn’t do business with you on principle alone.

Shanah Tovah
    Stereotyping a group of people is racist, even positive ones, and the stereotype you said hardly seems positive.

It reads like a slur, and you aren't doing yourself any favors by refusing to accept responsibility.
    At the very least, you should give a real apology (one that admits wrongdoing) and look inside to see if you think Jewish people are any different than anybody else. And if the answer is yes, then you are indeed racist to them.

Shanah Tovah
    Slip of the finger. I gave u that helpful.

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Hard to believe that people who deal with math, facts and science even remotely deal with any religion.

Quote Originally Posted by ShipTheCookies View Post
    Hard to believe that people who deal with math, facts and science even remotely deal with any religion.
    Two comments
    Thank G-D, I find it comforting. If you’ve ever been close to death (I have), you’ll find comfort in family and guess what else.

Not related to your comments, the clear inference that has developed in this thread is that of ethics, both in general and how they relate to business. Think I’ll start a thread later this evening on that topic.

I will, however, relay something my father told me 55 years ago. I accompanied him on a driving business trip, during which he essentially told me the story of his life. I recall a great deal of that car ride -and what I never ever forgot - A business partner is like a wife - if you can’t trust them, fuck em. My parents were married 3 weeks shy of 65 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    Actually, stereotyping in the manner displayed is anti Semitic.

A handshake deal with me is guaranteed money, and a deal is a deal. I negotiate tough, but my deals last because they are fair. The biggest slimeballs I know are not Jewish. They can’t be trusted. They’re loyal to you on their terms and as long as it is to their benefit. I attribute the axiom - Thank you for your business Mr. Customer, but you’d better watch your ass or I’ll nail it to the wall - to some of these individuals.

I learned a long time ago how read read people and who to trust. I wouldn’t do business with you on principle alone.
    If you, the op, feels it’s anti-Semitic, then I apologize.

As to you Jack, get off your high horse. And tell me, you feel “exactly” the same if you see a black person, Jewish person, Asian person and white person walk behind you. I operate in this world with preconceived notion, and yes if that makes me a racist, so be it. My original comment was not being anti-Semitic, but you took it there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast