Thread: Team Play CVCX

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Team Play CVCX

Thinking of purchasing, but I'm curious if it is possible to use this in coordinated play? Whereas you don't just say the card you have, but another person (or more) at the table with you and it does the calculations for each person based on the extra info of knowing additional cards? If it can't anyone know of any software that can?

Blog Entries

CVCX can't do this. CVData has several functions to use additional info. But, you'd have to explain exactly what you mean.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    CVCX can't do this. CVData has several functions to use additional info. But, you'd have to explain exactly what you mean.
    Are CVCX and CVData different pieces of software, or is CVData built upon CVCX in some way or another?

Blog Entries

CVData has five simulators. (CVData/ST adds a sixth.) One is a limited version of CVCX, but doesn't have all the functionality unless you have both licenses. CVCX is a parallel simulator in that it can simulate many rule/deck sets at once and instantly calculate changes in many parameters, including altering penetration one card at a time after a sim. But, it only supports a small subset of the complexity and data of CVData.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

CVData has five simulators. (CVData/ST adds a sixth.) One is a limited version of CVCX, but doesn't have all the functionality unless you have both licenses. CVCX is a parallel simulator in that it can simulate many rule/deck sets at once and instantly calculate changes in many parameters, including altering penetration one card at a time after a sim. But, it only supports a small subset of the complexity and data of CVData.
    Instead of counting cards, do any of you guys stick a small live camera and unnoticeable earbud that both feed to someone else with the software and take instructions from that person on what to do?

Quote Originally Posted by bobmartaine View Post
    Instead of counting cards, do any of you guys stick a small live camera and unnoticeable earbud that both feed to someone else with the software and take instructions from that person on what to do?
    bobmartaine,

What you are suggesting is illegal. Since this is a board for AP's rather than criminals, the answer to your question is a resounding "NO!"

Dog Hand

Blog Entries

Also more difficult than using your brain.

Also more difficult than using your brain.
    Depnds on the brain.