Thread: Sim Question for Norm simming multiple spots

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Sim Question for Norm simming multiple spots

Hi Norm,

I am playing a game where excellent rules(HE 0.21%)

but terrible pen (3.5-4/6). Also, very low limit (5-100). However, they allow me to play as many spots at table max.

I am interested in simming playing table min during neutral and negative counts and then spreading to 7 hands at table max at +1 true and above. How would I do this with CVCX and CVDATA? As far as I see CVCX only allows simming to 2 hands.

Smallcap said its pointless to spread beyond 2 hands. Is this true? Would 1×5 to 7×100 (max out at +1 true) really not increase EV much beyond 1×5 to 2×100 (max out at +1 true)???

Thanks,

Dalmatian

Blog Entries

CVCX can't handle this. In CVData, set the simulator to Multi-tracking and create a simple betting strategy with 7 hands at TC +1.

You would need to sim to get an answer. There are advantages and disadvantages. In this case, 7x100 will greatly increase risk due to covariance. Of course, it will give you greater penetration.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Of course, it will give you greater penetration.
    Norm
    By maybe 16-17 cards on last round, and only if deck is now positive. Additional benefit in my view would be marginal due to lousy pen. At 4.0/6 there is almost a 1/3 additional deck pen available which could lead to some positive benefits.

Dalmatian
    7 hands at +1, in my view dangerous, as you are chewing up lots of cards quite easily creating a negative situation for you. This is unfamiliar territory for most, including me. Read up on depth charge approach as there is some similarity and where it might help you - keeping in mind those strategies are best for SD.

Why screw with this high variance game. You could easily get caught with a large minus when your holiday is over.
    Last edited by Freightman; 08-03-2021 at 10:36 AM. Reason: Add deck in para 1

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    7x100 will greatly increase risk due to covariance. Of course, it will give you greater penetration.
    True for the last hand. However, isn't it true that it's counter-productive (if not table max limited) during the rest of the shoe for the same reason that it's better to play one hand if heads up, i.e., you would be eating your own high cards?

Is it possible to beat 3/6 pen by playing 1×5 - 7×100?

Quote Originally Posted by dalmatian View Post
    Is it possible to beat 3/6 pen by playing 1×5 - 7×100?
    Maybe, if you’re lucky. Remember, shitty pen drastically reduces high true counts. Variance in this game could easily kick the crap out of you - why so stubborn on a lousy opportunity.

Now, something I hadn’t thought about - can u spread 5-7 hands at table min? If so (which I doubt) this opens up some negative card eating opportunities.