See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Test Out “holes”

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Test Out “holes”

A question I have have wondered about and I would like to ask all who administer “test outs”. I understand during the “test out” procedure you are looking for “holes” in a person’s game. I interested in what is the most and least common “holes” are. A sort of a “bolo” for the “holes” that might be in my game.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    "between the conception and the reality, falls the shadow "

Paraphrased: T.S. Eliot's
    The Hollow Men

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by BetWise21 View Post
    A question I have have wondered about and I would like to ask all who administer “test outs”. I understand during the “test out” procedure you are looking for “holes” in a person’s game. I interested in what is the most and least common “holes” are. A sort of a “bolo” for the “holes” that might be in my game.

You want to find someone who is an expert in your preferred count system. You want them to test your accuracy to perfect basic strategy, true count, proper utilization of indices (at the very least sweet 16 and fab 4). The most common holes are as indicated above.

As far as finding someone to audit your game - you don’t find these guys in the yellow pages - you find them by networking.

Test Out “holes”

So simply looking for basic strategy errors, running count, true count, deck estimation, deviations and betting errors? What do you think is the most common error?

I’m not looking to get tested out, I’m trying to find what they find the most and make sure I am solid.

Last edited by BetWise21; 07-25-2021 at 02:40 PM.
    "between the conception and the reality, falls the shadow "

Paraphrased: T.S. Eliot's
    The Hollow Men

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    2 common issues people have that will mess up your game:

Forgetting which card was the upcard and which was the hole card the dealer just flipped (you already counted one of them but you forgot which one). This can happen when a dealer changes the direction they flip the cards over or a new dealer with a different direction of flipping steps in.

Keeping the running and also recalculating true count as you are taking hits on your hand while simultaneously making playing decisions. I think this is the biggest source of errors in my opinion.

Being too "trigger happy" with the indices, especially if deck estimation is poor. Remember we dont play an indica until it is clearly reached, no rounding up. Always lean towards basic strategy decision when the play is borderline or you simply cant do it bc ur brain froze.

Dalmatian.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by dalmatian View Post
    2 common issues people have that will mess up your game:

Forgetting which card was the upcard and which was the hole card the dealer just flipped (you already counted one of them but you forgot which one). This can happen when a dealer changes the direction they flip the cards over or a new dealer with a different direction of flipping steps in.

Keeping the running and also recalculating true count as you are taking hits on your hand while simultaneously making playing decisions. I think this is the biggest source of errors in my opinion.

Being too "trigger happy" with the indices, especially if deck estimation is poor. Remember we dont play an indica until it is clearly reached, no rounding up. Always lean towards basic strategy decision when the play is borderline or you simply cant do it bc ur brain froze.

Dalmatian.
    Also an experienced dealer will do it on purpose if he finds out or feels the players are counting. Flip the card all around. When a speedy dealer does this, if you lose concentration, you will forget which card is up card and which card is down card, meanwhile, dealer draws more cards.

Blog Entries

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Do you really think blaming it on the dealer is an effective method of conquering a problem?

At some point, an AP must realize that what happens is your problem to solve -- not someone else to fault.
    Last edited by Norm; 07-25-2021 at 05:10 PM.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Quote Originally Posted by BetWise21 View Post
    So simply looking for basic strategy errors, running count, true count, deck estimation, deviations and betting errors? What do you think is the most common error?

I’m not looking to get tested out, I’m trying to find what they find the most and make sure I am solid.

The most common mistake is in remaining deck estimation for true count conversion.
    G Man