See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MGP, could you please help to sim this ?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

MGP, could you please help to sim this ?

I was told that you have a good software that can sim SPANISH 21 game.

Could you please help to sim this SPANISH 21 game ?

I have just simulated a spanish 21 game recently with my own program.

RULES : CSM-6D(spanish deck)-H17-D9-DAS-RS3-RSA2-BJAUTOWIN-21AUTOWIN-DDR-OBBO-Late Surrender-MULTICARD 21 or 678 or 777-AUTOWIN BONUS-1.5-2.0-3.0, No Multicard Double Down, No Redoubling.

1) DDR - Means DOUBLE DOWN RESCUE, after double down, if player thinks it is not a good hand, player can surrender and net loss 1 units.

2) Multicard21 ---- 5 cards 21, 6 cards 21 and 7(or more)cards 21, will get autowin 1.5 units, 2 units and 3 units respectively.

3) Non suited 678 or 777, suited 678 or 777(other than SPADE) and SPADE 678 or 777, will be autowin 1.5 units, 2 units and 3 units respectively.

4) 2 cards 21(split Ace and hit T, not PONTOON but 21 points), 3 cards 21 and 4 cards 21 will be autowin 1 units.

5) OBBO rules - No hole card, when dealer have PONTOON, player will lose original bet(1 unit) of each un-busted hands(inclusive of split hands) + lose all busted hands.

*Autowin - Player will get paid immediately(before dealer reveal her hole card) regardless of dealer's final total.

The simulated house edge = -0.54%, but I am not 100% sure about the results.

Banned or Suspended

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    First of all, your game is not strictly Spanish 21. One key character of Spanish 21, multiple card double down, is missing in your game.

Second, MGP’s softwares are designed mainly for blackjack games, not for Spanish 21. I think his software can not properly handle handle these two components:
    5+Card 21 and 678/777-Autowin bonus,
    Double down rescue.
    I have asked for the EV components for these two but nobody is able to supply them.

Finally, I haven’t seen TThree et al posting here for two years, what happened to these guys? They might know your answer.
    Last edited by aceside; 07-30-2021 at 06:03 AM.

Blog Entries

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    People are able to answer these questions; but have other things to do than perform other folks work for them.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Banned or Suspended

1 out of 4 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    I am thinking to switch to Spanish 21 from blackjacks because recently I noticed Spanish 21 games have replenished a lot. But I don’t have a mathematician to support my play. If I am not confident in math, I cannot put out a large amount of bet on the felt.

Banned or Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    People are able to answer these questions; but have other things to do than perform other folks work for them.
    The double down rescue rule in Spanish 21 is tricky because your can DDR with a 2-card or 3-card hand. This is headache.

Quote Originally Posted by James989 View Post
    I was told that you have a good software that can sim SPANISH 21 game.
    Why not just download the software its free .. tho its a CA not a sim.

Bad rules .. I got -1.014%.. attached the ruleset file I used.

Kats book might have this games HE, I am not home otherwise I'd check.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Super Natural; 07-30-2021 at 08:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by aceside View Post
    Second, MGP’s softwares are designed mainly for blackjack games, not for Spanish 21. I think his software can not properly handle handle these two components:
    5+Card 21 and 678/777-Autowin bonus,
    Double down rescue..
    Yes it can .. on the bonus rules > other bonus rules tab.

DDR is handled optimally.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Banned or Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by Super Natural View Post
    Yes it can .. on the bonus rules > other bonus rules tab.

DDR is handled optimally.
    I tried this part but it didn't work properly for me. The program will freeze if I use these "Other bonus Rules." Also, I don't know how to set the payoff for each bonus. For example:
    5-card 21 payoff 1.5; 6-card 21 payoff 2; 7-card 21 payoff 3;
    6-7-8 unsuited, payoff 1.5; 6-7-8 suited, payoff 2; 6-7-8 suited spades payoff 3;
    7-7-7 unsuited, payoff 1.5; 7-7-7 suited, payoff 2; 7-7-7 suited spades payoff 3.

Can you help me set up just this particular case, 6-7-8 suited payoff 1.5? A picture is worth a thousand words.

Also, where is the DDR option in this program?

Thank you.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    It might not be frozen .. it just runs with no indication of progress .. i have a pretty fast machine and it hangs up for a few minutes to calc this EV. Try waiting longer.

Are you trying to learn S17 or H17?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Banned or Suspended

It might not be frozen .. it just runs with no indication of progress .. i have a pretty fast machine and it hangs up for a few minutes to calc this EV. Try waiting longer.

Are you trying to learn S17 or H17?
    You are the expert! This is great and thank you for helping. I will calculate the EV components using this program tonight. I have plenty of 8 deck S-17 games available and I have been winning without counting in Spanish 21. This makes me think that my talent might be in Spanish.

You are the expert!
    I have been winning without counting in Spanish 21. This makes me think that my talent might be in Spanish.
    Well you're half right

The double down rescue rule in Spanish 21 is tricky because your can DDR with a 2-card or 3-card hand. This is headache.
    How do you double down rescue with a 2 card hand

Well you're half right
    What is he half right about? That his talent is in Spanish, or that you’re the expert

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast