So I am playing a game that I heard was ES10. I assumed that I could only early surrender my hand when the dealer had a 10 up card (which by the way, is crazy having never played ES10 before because they only give you 0.1 seconds to decide before they don't let you anymore!). This is all fine and dandy as I ran CVData and found out that I would early surrender 14-16 vs 10 and 12/13/17 in very high counts (6D S17 ENHC ES10 DAS DOA RSA 3SPL but 3.5/6 pen so these high count ES10 index plays are a rather moot point).

ANYWAYS..........

So a particularly sexy and attractive dealer is chatting me up and being very friendly and inviting. He notices that I am constantly surrendering my hands and then a dealer 9 vs player 16 situation arose and he asked me if I wanted to early surrender. I had a shocked look on my face as I muttered "I thought you can only early surrender against a 10?!". He looked at me and said no you can early surrender against anything except an ACE.

SO I CAN EARLY SURRENDER AGAINST 9s and 8s???????!!!!!!!

I would assume that 16 vs 9 is an early surrender basic strategy play. 16 vs 8, 15 vs 9, and 15 vs 8 would probably need higher counts to be early surrenders (again rather moot points since with 3.5/6 pen I doubt these would occur often enough to be worthy of noting).

Am I missing any??

Thanks,

Dalmatian