See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stealth

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Stealth

I haven’t posted, or even been here, for awhile. But, some might remember me.

I’m sure many remember Stealth. Some of you might have met him.

At any rate, I wanted friends to know if his passing. He was a mentor to many of us, an ally and an adversary at times. Nonetheless, he will be missed.

I’ll share a small story. I don’t want to reveal a lot about active players, but this one sums up Stealth. I played on a team he managed. He had another player switch their call in signal. I was the BP. My teammate was playing. I was watching. The shoe got over and I read an angry text that I had missed the call. When we regrouped, Stealth asked me what was the index for 9v7. I answered correctly. 13v10? Again, I answered correctly. Then he said, very quietly, “None of that means a damn if you can’t remember the call in”.

THAT is the Stealth I remember. I hope others of you have fond memories, as well.

RIP.
    Sorry for your loss.

I remember many of Stealth's very good posts. Also missed you on this forum. Why don't you stick around?

This is what Stealth responded to me here on 04/25/2021:
    "COVID and some unrelated health issues slowed down my activities. I am still active on the "fringes". PM me if you think I can help.

Stealth"

RCJH,

My condolences on the loss of your friend and mentor.

I also recall avidly reading Stealth's posts on several boards. He will be missed.

Dog Hand

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Damn. I wish I could have met him and some of the other greats that have passed.

I’m currently watching WPT as I write this (Mike Sexton).

I really enjoyed Stealth’s posts. He was a great mentor. I try to take all advice from everyone to become the best I can be. This definately includes Stealth’s posts. I wish I could have thanked him for his posts.

So, since most ‘serious’ communities are small. Friend or PC. I would like to say. Thank you to everyone for straightening me out from my silly posts in the start. It has all helped me become a better person, learner and player. Thanks guys.

RIP Stealth.

-Bricklayer
    God bless you all
    Last edited by Bricklayer; 06-30-2021 at 09:13 PM.

I am so sorry to hear this. I have been promising myself I would reach out to see how he has been doing. I was never on one of his teams, but I use his spreadsheet. He was always willing to help with questions about the spreadsheet, or anything AP related. My wife and I spent several hours at his home a few years back. He was a gracious host who will be missed by both of us.
    Ah you loved me as a loser, but now you're worried that I just might win
    You know the way to stop me, but you don't have the discipline - Leonard Cohen

RIP. He was a literate poster.
    "Don't Cast Your Pearls Before Swine" (Jesus)

My condolences. I only met him once, but had tremendous respect. RIP.
    You don't score, until you SCORE!

Quote Originally Posted by blackjackomaha View Post
    My condolences. I only met him once, but had tremendous respect. RIP.
    Since he is dead, can his teammate post his picture here? I played a lot of Blackjack, I would like to know if I had met him at the same table before.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by BJGenius007 View Post
    Since he is dead, can his teammate post his picture here? I played a lot of Blackjack, I would like to know if I had met him at the same table before.
    Well, I doubt he would mind.

But, since we were playing, we didn’t take pictures. I personallydo not have any pictures of him.

I could share a link for his FB or OSN, however that gives away his real name. Again, I don’t think he would mind. This however opens a whole ‘nother can of worms, and I wouldn’t want to be part of that.

Lastly, I could also go to said page and screenshot his face and post it here. Anyone could search that image and find his FB or OSN, so I’m back to revealing his real name.

I guess I don’t see an upside to it. Just a lot of downsides.

Quote Originally Posted by RCJH View Post
    Well, I doubt he would mind.

But, since we were playing, we didn’t take pictures. I personallydo not have any pictures of him.

I could share a link for his FB or OSN, however that gives away his real name. Again, I don’t think he would mind. This however opens a whole ‘nother can of worms, and I wouldn’t want to be part of that.

Lastly, I could also go to said page and screenshot his face and post it here. Anyone could search that image and find his FB or OSN, so I’m back to revealing his real name.

I guess I don’t see an upside to it. Just a lot of downsides.
    No can do if you don't have him alone on a picture.

I have met very few from here in person, and I never did meet Stealth, but he was someone who's personality came though in his posts so, as with many, I came to feel like I knew him. As such, I do experience a sense of loss when someone like him is lost to our community. I would have to rate him as one of the most helpful contributors ever to this site. Always willing to engage and explain, even with trivial questions asked by newbies.

He will be missed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast