See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: MGP CA: DD S17 DAS LS - 16 vs 9

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by 21forme View Post
    I was wondering where Zee was. I know he wasn'n't playing, so thought he lost interest. What did he get b/o'd for and for how long? I must have missed it.
    Think he a 3 month whacking by Judge Roy Bean for his scurrilous political damnation of the Judges romantic fancy - Lily Langtree.

Interesting though that non stop cheap shots by the infamous Douchebag 6582, ****ing is Fun and assorted other miscreants can Snark their way to disdain and damnation with only the occasional slap on the wrist, while soft political commentary can trump one to lengthy banishment.

https://youtu.be/v55GWP30F4E

Blog Entries

This is NOT a site to discuss the Iraq War, political media, and other political stuff, which he continued after three MORE warnings. How many times to I have to explain this?
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Quote Originally Posted by 2Bornot2B View Post
    Thank you KC. Very interesting info. Can your software tell me how much of the true count advantage (0.5%) of an extra ten is due to the extra ten being first card or the hit card ?
    The main advantage of player being "given" a 10 as his first card is that it increases the probability of a blackjack. The same is true for dealer when "given" a 10. If cards are dealt normally with no special conditions the best way to estimate the value of a specific card is through effect of removing one of that card. Effect of removal is less for more decks. Ten probability is increased by removing non-tens.

As an aside, I noticed that the insurance EV value for player first card of 10 is incorrect.
    -Dealer has 8/103 probability of up card of ace leaving 102 remaining cards
    -Probability of ten with ace up card = 31/102, insurance EV = 3*31/102 - 1 = -0.0882353
    -EV of insuring = 8/103(3*31/102-1)*1/2 (times 1/2 because insurance bet is 1/2 of original bet)
    correct EV = -.3427% = EV of always insuring (not -.8331)

k_c

Quote Originally Posted by k_c View Post
    The main advantage of player being "given" a 10 as his first card is that it increases the probability of a blackjack. The same is true for dealer when "given" a 10. If cards are dealt normally with no special conditions the best way to estimate the value of a specific card is through effect of removing one of that card. Effect of removal is less for more decks. Ten probability is increased by removing non-tens.

As an aside, I noticed that the insurance EV value for player first card of 10 is incorrect.
    -Dealer has 8/103 probability of up card of ace leaving 102 remaining cards
    -Probability of ten with ace up card = 31/102, insurance EV = 3*31/102 - 1 = -0.0882353
    -EV of insuring = 8/103(3*31/102-1)*1/2 (times 1/2 because insurance bet is 1/2 of original bet)
    correct EV = -.3427% = EV of always insuring (not -.8331)

k_c

Yes, I understand aabout removal effects of cards. What I need to know is, for example:
    The value of an extra ten per deck from the card counting perspective is 0.5%...
    That value comprises the value of the hit effect of the ten PLUS the value of the ten as a first card...
    Now the value of an extra ten from the perspective of first card effect is +13% when the ten lands on the player's spot and 17% when it lands on the dealer's spot, i.e., a net value of -4%..
    Therefore the hit card component of the 0.5% advantage is actually greater than 0.5%...
    But I need to know how to calculate how much greater it is.
    Hope I have explained my puzzle!!!

Banned or Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post
    Question for the self-proclaimed blackjack expert who knows more than anyone else on the forum: When you hit your hand and receive a card, what is the term for the card that you receive? Hint: It isn't a trick question!

Don
    I would simply call it the player’s second card, third card, fourth card, and so on. The dealer has a hole card, a second card, a third card, and so on. English is so easy and so straightforward to use. Why not we just use plain newspaper language in blackjack, instead of create new terms everyday?

Blog Entries

There is nothing new about this term and it can't be a second card. And wouldn't it be easier to say hit card instead of third, fourth, fifth, sixth, etc. card?
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Banned or Suspended

In the situation of split, you receive a second card as a hit card too. English is art, sometimes.

The value of an extra ten per deck from the card counting perspective is 0.5%...
    Depends on where in the deck

. That value comprises the value of the hit effect of the ten PLUS the value of the ten as a first card.
    So what?

Now the value of an extra ten from the perspective of first card effect is +13% when the ten lands on the player's spot and 17% when it lands on the dealer's spot,
    Which is why 10 as a first card gives you such an edge

. a net value of -4%..
    Again, so what?

Therefore the hit card component of the 0.5% advantage is actually greater than 0.5%...
    But I need to know how to calculate how much greater it is.
    Where are you getting these numbers? Further, to figure out where you’re going, the question is why do you need to know

In summary, the 10 as a second card does not depreciate the value of 10 as a first card. In fact, the 10 as a second card is why the 10 as a first card has so much value.

Quote Originally Posted by aceside View Post
    In the situation of split, you receive a second card as a hit card too. English is art, sometimes.
    Your problem is that forum members do not construe your execution of English as art, rather that of bullshit.

Some people, such as myself, appreciate masters of bullshit. Please carry on.

Banned or Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    Your problem is that forum members do not construe your execution of English as art, rather that of bullshit.

Some people, such as myself, appreciate masters of bullshit. Please carry on.
    I agree with you. This forum is like an onion. There are many layers of players. I caught two bass fish yesterday. Can we say I caught two basses yesterday?

Blog Entries

You can say you caught two bass or two basses. The first is better as the second relates to species of bass.

Quote Originally Posted by aceside View Post
    I agree with you. This forum is like an onion. There are many layers of players. I caught two bass fish yesterday. Can we say I caught two basses yesterday?
    I responded to you - pretty creative I thought. Didn’t make it past the creative desk.

Blog Entries

There is nothing creative about a post calling two members, not even in the thread, names for no useful reason whatsoever. This will end now.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast