See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: MGP CA: DD S17 DAS LS - 16 vs 9

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by aceside View Post
    Let me try. As a hit card, a ten is 13% player advantage and 17% dealer advantage too. You just assume your first card is a player hole card or a hit card by average.

Thanks for trying but I don't think you understand my question. Please read my post again.

Banned or Suspended

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Gronbog View Post
    Using MGP's CA to generate the total dependent strategy for DD S17 DAS LS, I get the following which matches the basic strategy generated by the basic strategy engine at

https://www.blackjackinfo.com/blackj...rr=ls&peek=yes

Attachment 4570

However, when I click on the cell for 16 vs 9 to see the EVs, the EV of surrender is clearly the best. Why does the strategy not recommend surrender for this hand?

Attachment 4571

I ask because, when generating the strategy for this hand by simulation using my own software, I get similar EVs and so my software does recommend surrender for this hand.

A similar situation exists for A,6 vs 2 where doubling has the best EV according to both MGP and my software, yet the strategy displayed by MGP is to hit.

What am I missing?
    I just tried this program myself and got the same result as yours. So the 16 vs 9 basic strategy should be hit. Has anybody answered your question?

Banned or Suspended

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Bornot2B View Post
    Thanks for trying but I don't think you understand my question. Please read my post again.
    I totally understand your question. Basics ...

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    I totally understand your question. Basics ...
    Dont think you do. Hypothesize as the first visible dealer card. Player has plus EV when his first card is a 10. Player has minus EV when his first card is a 6. Same scenario, different edges, same principle for dealer.

Comprende?

Quote Originally Posted by 2Bornot2B View Post
    I can see some clever people on this thread so may I ask something irrelevant to this thread? Griffin's values for first cards show a ten being 13% player advantage and 17% dealer advantage. How can I determine the average advantage/disadvantage of a ten as a hit card for the player and for the dealer?
    Thank you.
    I wrote some software a while back that can compute partial player/dealer hands using total dependent basic strategy.

2 decks, s17, DAS, split once
    Player 10 first card; EV = +14.3972%
    Player xx v dealer 10; EV = -17.1123%
    Player 10 first card v dealer 10; EV = -0.6788%

T_.jpg_T.jpgT_T.jpg

k_c

Quote Originally Posted by k_c View Post
    I wrote some software a while back that can compute partial player/dealer hands using total dependent basic strategy.

2 decks, s17, DAS, split once
    Player 10 first card; EV = +14.3972%
    Player xx v dealer 10; EV = -17.1123%
    Player 10 first card v dealer 10; EV = -0.6788%

T_.jpg_T.jpgT_T.jpg

k_c

Thank you KC. Very interesting info. Can your software tell me how much of the true count advantage (0.5%) of an extra ten is due to the extra ten being first card or the hit card ?

Banned or Suspended

What is true count advantage?
    What is a hit card? I have never heard about the term "hit card' in this forum.
    Please state your question in a way so that most people can understand.

Blog Entries

There are 134 posts with the term "hit card". Well, now 135.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    There are 134 posts with the term "hit card". Well, now 135.
    Stop making up terms, Norm!

Quote Originally Posted by 21forme View Post
    Stop making up terms, Norm!
    I’ve constructed many terms on this forum
    FBM ASC Basic
    FBM ASC Advanced
    QTC
    BSST
    Four Douchebags of the Apocalypse (high descriptive value)
    Snarky
    Amongst many others. Hmmm, which one is my favourite.

By the way, Zee should be back in - time off for good behaviour. Penalty was excessive given other bullshit floating around.

What is a hit card? I have never heard about the term "hit card' in this forum.
    Question for the self-proclaimed blackjack expert who knows more than anyone else on the forum: When you hit your hand and receive a card, what is the term for the card that you receive? Hint: It isn't a trick question!

Don

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    By the way, Zee should be back in - time off for good behaviour. Penalty was excessive given other bullshit floating around.
    I was wondering where Zee was. I know he wasn'n't playing, so thought he lost interest. What did he get b/o'd for and for how long? I must have missed it.

Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post
    Hint: It isn't a trick question!
    Is this your version of the "Stupid Answers" category on Jeopardy!, Don?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast