See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: For single deck, how accurately do you estimate the number of remaining cards?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

For single deck, how accurately do you estimate the number of remaining cards?

Personally I play an unbalanced count, but I'm curious as to what true counters do when they play single deck. I assume most people estimate to the nearest quarter deck, but is there anyone who estimates more accurately, like to the nearest fifth deck, eighth deck, or to the exact numbers of cards? With so few cards, does the extra accuracy make a big difference?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Pretty much to one card.

But, I would round to the closest fraction of a deck that would make it easiest to divide by. So, say there are 30 cards left in the deck, which equals 0.57 decks remaining. Round that up to 60% of the deck remaining. than convert that number to a fraction = 6/10. But, say the RC5. divide that by the 6, which is equal to a little bit under 1. Multiple it by 10 and your TC<9.

Sorry if it's confusing.
    My Ability in Blackjack is a Gift from God!!

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    No that makes perfect sense. So after rounding, it will probably be accurate to within .05 decks.