Thread: CVCX REKO 6 Deck w/ 5 Count Set Up

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

CVCX REKO 6 Deck w/ 5 Count Set Up

Hello, I have been trying to develop a decent strategy for myself using Norm's 6 Deck REKO strategy. Below I attached the CVCX outcome with what I believe to be realistic rules of the places I have played. (60rounds/hr, penetration 4.0/6decks, 1 player, H17) using a $5,000 bankroll with a 1-15 bet spread. In the custom bets I have changed the values to what I think is a reasonable betting strategy (I am probably wrong?). The win rate/hr from these rules and betting strategy are less than $3/hr and also my risk of ruin is a hefty 40%. This makes me think that I am doing something totally wrong or maybe this game is simply just that tough? Any suggestions on improvements to this betting strategy or other parts within the software would be greatly appreciated.
    I also have another dilemma. I also account for 5's that have been played and want to incorporate this into my betting strategy either using CVCX or CV Data. I have tried both, but I do not understand how to even after reading the instructions on adjusting according to a side count. I believe this will help my game tremendously, but I still do not have a strategy set in stone since I haven't been able to combine this with a normal strategy. Please, insight into this would help me greatly.
    Thank you.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Unbalanced is not my thing, but your average bet is clearly too low. You need a higher jump at your -3 bet and increase your ramp much more quickly. You should find that your ROR will decrease. Remember - The spread is your friend.

That being said, I don’t know your total set of rules and the 4/6 playable cards leads to high variance.

Add on
    First, same sim but increase deck pen to see how that affects SCORE. It will improve. Then, increase your increase your spread both at original and new deck pen. Better deck pen with higher spread will improve your SCORE even further.

Actually, checking your sim again, put in proper rules over and above H17 - that alone will improve win rate given average rules. Current SCORE is more than pathetic.

I see, now I am up to about $5.50/hr with around a 30% ROR after changing the penetration and adjusting my spread. What do you mean by "put in proper rules over and above H17"?
    REKO_6Deck_CVCX_03.jpg
    REKO_6Deck_CVCX_02.jpg

What do you mean by "put in proper rules over and above H17"?
    DAS, Surrender either Late, ES10 or ES, RSA.
    What are other rules that comprise house rules. H17 by itself us not likely, and if in fact it was, then that makes it a pretty shitty game.

Also note you’re playing full Kelly, which isn't such a bad thing on a shoe string bankroll provided you can afford to lose the money. However, given that shitty game, it’s likely you would.

Yes, I see now. I was a little confused but I got it. DAS made a difference, I haven't been in the position to find out if RSA is allowed, but I can always ask.

It seems that there is no surrender in my area though unfortunately.

What does playing full Kelly mean? I have not read up on the Kelly factor yet. Any book or article recommendations where I may find information on that?

What does playing full Kelly mean? I have not read up on the Kelly factor yet. Any book or article recommendations where I may find information on that?
    Don’s area of expertise. In blackjack terms, slightly misleading since most of us will play, or invest in hands where our expected value <0, in other words knowingly play at a loss.

In positive expectation hands, we wager that portion of our bankroll which corresponds to our advantage - Wagering fully 1 or 2% of our bankroll when we have either 1 or 2% advantage. That is known as full Kelly and it is a variance roller coaster. Full Kelly equates to 13.5% ROR, which is what you show in your sim.

Stronger bankrolls will play to a lower risk, such as half Kelly or quarter Kelly and less. Google Kelly Criterion. Don will also enthusiastically refer to BJA3 which has a nice section on it, as well as most everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    Don’s area of expertise. In blackjack terms, slightly misleading since most of us will play, or invest in hands where our expected value <0, in other words knowingly play at a loss.

In positive expectation hands, we wager that portion of our bankroll which corresponds to our advantage - Wagering fully 1 or 2% of our bankroll when we have either 1 or 2% advantage. That is known as full Kelly and it is a variance roller coaster. Full Kelly equates to 13.5% ROR, which is what you show in your sim.

Stronger bankrolls will play to a lower risk, such as half Kelly or quarter Kelly and less. Google Kelly Criterion. Don will also enthusiastically refer to BJA3 which has a nice section on it, as well as most everything else.
    We've been down this road before. We do NOT bet our bankroll times our advantage. We bet our bank x edge divided by the variance. That makes the Kelly-optimal bets just about 75% of the bank times edge alone.

Finally, ROR of 13.5% assumes that you size your wagers according to Kelly and DON'T resize as the bankroll varies. Obviously, if you were to constantly resize, which isn't possible, and chip sizes were infinitely divisible, your theoretical Kelly ROR would be zero.

Don