See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is It Okay to Ask the Dealer If He Got His Covid Vaccine

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Is It Okay to Ask the Dealer If He Got His Covid Vaccine

I've been wondering if it would be considered to personal to ask such a question. Also to ask the other players at the table if they got the vaccine. Has anybody done this?

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    I haven't asked anyone but I've been asked by players if I've been vaccinated. When I tell others that I haven't been vaccinated, they'll oftentimes leave the table. FWIW, I've played more during the last 12 months than any previous 12-month period (full-time pro last five years). I've found the playing conditions sterling. Paraphrasing Joe Rogan, I eat well, sleep well, run 30-40 miles/week, and don't intend to get vaccinated. The paraphrase aspect comes with my age (pushing 70), lol.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Last edited by tal32bur; 05-02-2021 at 07:47 PM.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    I'd start by saying you just got your 2nd Covid. Shot last week and can't wait for all of this to be over. Then let the dealer volunteer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd start by saying you haven't been vaccinated and can't wait for all of this to be over. Then let the dealer volunteer.

Sent from my Android Phone using mostly my thumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Player View Post
    I've been wondering if it would be considered to personal to ask such a question. Also to ask the other players at the table if they got the vaccine. Has anybody done this?
    I personally think that would be a personal question to ask outright... MAYBE ask in a Roundabout way, something like,"What are your thoughts on the Covid Vaccine?" If the Dealer is Vaccinated, he or she most likely will say something like,"I'm all for it. In fact, I just got my second shot last week. "

Blog Entries

Better to ask than to invite a political or conspiratorial discussion.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

How to end HK's border lockdown (webb-site.com)

Boost the vaccination drive by giving a free HKID-based lottery ticket to anyone who completes their vaccinations before we reach 70% of the adult population. Add HK$100 to the jackpot for each completed vaccination - so 100,000 people per week would generate a $10m jackpot, or 200,000 a $20m jackpot, and so on. Make the draw weekly, with a guaranteed winner from the HKID numbers who completed their vaccines in the prior week (no rollover - the jackpot resets to zero each week). 70% of the entire adult population of 6.5m would only cost about HK$455m - compared to over $87bn spent on the Employment Support Scheme. To be fair, start with a draw for those who have already completed their vaccinations. This "VacciLottery" would surely tilt the incentives in a unique Hong Kong way. We could further tilt it by reducing the amount of jackpot per vaccinated person each time we pass a vaccination milestone, to incentivise early takers (subject to capacity).

Hmm.... It just occurred to me literally seconds ago that asking The Dealer that with other People present would be crossing the line, but asking them in PRIVATE, might be okay....

It strikes me as a highly personal and none of your business type of question. More importantly what will you do with the information. Add to your side count or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Player View Post
    I have seen patrons ask the dealer if he or she had vaccinated. It seems to be a common question.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    I disagree. It's a public health issue.

Banned or Suspended

If the dealer is attractive, I’d ask all sorts of questions about her, including this one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast