See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Illustrious 18 - indexes

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    I am not so sure but I guess the root problem is the disproportion of the pair to the non-pair. TC frequency is not the main problem.

Blog Entries

You are posting nonsense again. A shoe is a shoe, from start to end. Knowledge of the shoe changes as you see more cards. The shoe itself does not change. TC frequencies change as knowledge increases. Suppose you cut in a different spot. Would you expect pair frequencies to change?
    "Croyez ceux qui cherchent la vérité, doutez de ceux qui la trouvent." --André Gide

To prove I am right, let me show you an example. For a 8-deck shoe, when I have a hand of (7,7)vs8, I split the (7,7) pair when TC>+2 during the first two decks, but split the (7,7) pair when TC>-1 during the last two decks. This is the same shoe, but I play the remaining two decks as if they are a 2-deck new shoe. Have I been using the correct strategy?
    Last edited by aceside; 04-13-2021 at 10:09 PM.

Blog Entries

Why do you do that? Right or wrong, it's not relevant. If the shoe was dealt backwards, would you reverse what you are doing?
    "Croyez ceux qui cherchent la vérité, doutez de ceux qui la trouvent." --André Gide

Let me think about this for a day. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by aceside View Post
    Let me think about this for a day. Thank you.
    Sigh. Is there any possibility, remote as it may be, that, going forward, you might possibly think before you put your foot squarely in your mouth? Is there any possibility that you'll show any kind of humility whatsoever, when discussing blackjack with some of the foremost authorities in the world, and entertain some restraint in trying to teach us one more ridiculously absurd theory after another?

Don

Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post
    Is there any possibility, remote as it may be, that, going forward, you might possibly think before you put your foot squarely in your mouth?
    I'll give you odds on that one, Don.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post
    Sigh. Is there any possibility, remote as it may be, that, going forward, you might possibly think before you put your foot squarely in your mouth? Is there any possibility that you'll show any kind of humility whatsoever, when discussing blackjack with some of the foremost authorities in the world, and entertain some restraint in trying to teach us one more ridiculously absurd theory after another?

Don
    I just looked up the Stanford Wong PBJ book. It shows that for the hand of (7,7)vs8, the HiLo index of hit/splitting is TC>=+5 for a 4-deck s-17 shoe but TC>=-1 for a 1-deck s-17 shoe. This seemingly supports my argument of playing different indices at different levels of dealing depths for the same 8-deck shoe with a fixed penetration of 7.5 decks.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarzan View Post
    but I thought I'd bring up that fascinating fact, the index moving up or down dependent upon number of decks remaining with certain hands, whereas on others it doesn't.
    You have done research on this. Can you sort out which indices vary a lot with the number of decks remaining?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aceside View Post
    I just looked up the Stanford Wong PBJ book. It shows that for the hand of (7,7)vs8, the HiLo index of hit/splitting is TC>=+5 for a 4-deck s-17 shoe but TC>=-1 for a 1-deck s-17 shoe. This seemingly supports my argument of playing different indices at different levels of dealing depths for the same 8-deck shoe with a fixed penetration of 7.5 decks.
    Oh no. It does nothing of the sort. Of course indices are different according to the total number of decks -- but not with remaining decks. If you start with four decks and have one left, the one left is still based on four decks.

Example, what are the odds of getting a BJ? It's the odds of getting an ace then a ten plus the odds of getting a ten and an ace since either is a natural.

Single-deck (52 cards, 4 aces and 16 tens): (4/52 * 16/51) + (16/52 * 4/51) = 0.04826546003
    Double-deck (104 cards, 8 aces and 32 tens): (8/104 * 32/103) + (32/104 * 8/103) = 0.04779686333

Simple combinations. That's true at the start, middle, or end of the pile of cards.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast