Thread: Average Standard Deviation

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Average Standard Deviation

Assume 40 hands of a 6 deck, Strip rules shoe.

If for 37 of the 40 hands I have a -$1.85 E.V. and a 2 standard deviation expected outcome of about (+$140 to -$136) due to flat betting $10 at a -.5% player advantage. (By the way, Don, thank you - page 16 of my "Blackjack Attack" is well worn due to me referencing it so much.),

And, for the remaining 3 hands (hand #4, hand # 22, hand #26), assume I have a 5% player advantage (not as a result of card counting), and I bet $20 on each of the 3 hands (EV of $3.00, or $60 x .05), yielding a 2 standard deviation range of about (+$72 to -$66).

To arrive at my overall expected 2 standard deviation range, can I combine (add) these two sets of 2 standard ranges and get (+$212 to -$202)? Or, do I need to compute an Average Advantage, as Don talks about in "Blackjack Attack" (3rd edition)? Or will both of these methods yield the same answer?

Thank you in advance!!
    Last edited by Overkill; 02-26-2021 at 10:39 PM.