Thread: Dumb newbie question

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Dumb newbie question

Hi guys, new to BJ, really love all the stats and the quest to find a better edge. My question is regarding the house edge calculator option 'player looses only original bet against dealer BJ'. I assumed that every time you loose against the dealer BJ you loose you staked amount. I'm a bit confused about this option. Is there a different set of rules on some online games? Im new to the game so forgive my ignorance.

Thanks in advance

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    There are places in the world where the dealer does not take a hole card. He takes his second card after all of the hands have been played. Under these conditions, players may have doubled or split against a dealer ten or ace which later becomes a blackjack. In European No Hole Card (ENHC) games, the player would lose all of his bets, including the doubles and splits. With the Original Bet Only (OBO) rule, the player only loses his original bet when this happens. This makes the game mathematically equivalent to a game where the dealer does take a hole card.

Similar Threads

1. dumb question
    By Clint in forum General Blackjack Forum
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 07-17-2016, 07:49 PM
  2. Dumb Question #1
    By ZeeBabar in forum Software
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-10-2016, 11:06 AM
  3. I have a dumb question. Lol.
    By BigJer in forum Software
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-29-2015, 04:03 PM
  4. newbie-newbie-doo: Back-counting question
    By newbie-newbie-doo in forum Blackjack Beginners
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-02-2005, 12:04 AM
  5. college kid: This may be a dumb question...
    By college kid in forum Blackjack Main
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-06-2005, 11:15 PM