Thread: Unbalanced Zen 2 Indices

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Unbalanced Zen 2 Indices

Hi all,

I'm trying to find UBZ2 indices for the following conditions:

DD and 6D, H17, DAS, RSA, ES10.

I read "The Unbalanced Zen2" by George C as well as threads related to UBZ2 online but still not able to find all the indices I need. I have been making attempts in generating indices on CVData instead but the numbers I'm getting are very far off than the indices found in "The Unbalanced Zen2".

Would someone be able to provide indices or briefly explain how to generate indices correctly on CVData?

Thank you!

Blog Entries

In the configuration, go to Tools-Export, create an export file, and email to [email protected].
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Norm,

I am trying to export the file but I keep getting the message: Canceled 91

Try using the search on this forum. I remember there was some very useful information there, along with the indexes for UBZ. https://www.blackjackinfo.com/community/
    "Don't Cast Your Pearls Before Swine" (Jesus)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BabyShark View Post
    Norm,

I am trying to export the file but I keep getting the message: Canceled 91
    Likely a directory permissions problem. Email me.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Blog Entries

OK, the numbers you are generating are correct. Let me explain.

The UBZ2 indices that are distributed with CV are from a pre-publication version of George's UBZ11 manual which he sent me so I could include them. I don't know how much he changed them before publication. He had two strategies, UBZ single deck and UBZ composite to be used for different numbers of decks. Problem is, UBZ doesn't composite well. Some indices vary substantially by number of decks. You are generating for a shoe game. Some of the shoe indices have a much larger magnitude. I simmed the composite against a CVData generated set, and the CVData set are better.

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    OK, the numbers you are generating are correct. Let me explain.

The UBZ2 indices that are distributed with CV are from a pre-publication version of George's UBZ11 manual which he sent me so I could include them. I don't know how much he changed them before publication. He had two strategies, UBZ single deck and UBZ composite to be used for different numbers of decks. Problem is, UBZ doesn't composite well. Some indices vary substantially by number of decks. You are generating for a shoe game. Some of the shoe indices have a much larger magnitude. I simmed the composite against a CVData generated set, and the CVData set are better.
    Norm,

Thank you for looking into the file.

A few additional questions regarding the index generation:

1) The UBZ 2 insurance index I've generated is 5. This seems to be very far off than the original UBZ2's insurance number which I believe is 1. Would you say this is correct?

2) When generating index numbers, what type of primary strategy template should be used under playing strategy? I've noticed that when using "Complete Basic Strategy" to generate index numbers, CVData does not generate any index numbers but rather generates Hit/Stand/Surrender only.

3) So far, I've tried generating indices for Hi-Lo, Zen, and UBZ. The indices generated for Hi-Lo and Zen seems to be off by the range of 1-3. UBZ, indices off by either greater number or cannot confirm its accuracy by comparing it to the original set due to lack of information available. So the question is, once generated your own indices, what are some ways to confirm its accuracy to realize if numbers generated are either worse or perhaps better than original published numbers?
    Last edited by BabyShark; 02-05-2021 at 01:09 PM.

Blog Entries

1. Well, depends on decks and the initial running count. George's original strategy had different IRC's for his composite and SD versions. Values generated by CVData are the correct values.

2. The best way is to start with complete basic strategy with tag values added.

3. Indices vary by how you calculate the true count: Flooring, truncate, rounding; deck estimation accuracy, risk aversion, and the number of indices. Indices interact with one another You confirm by running a sim.

1. Well, depends on decks and the initial running count. George's original strategy had different IRC's for his composite and SD versions. Values generated by CVData are the correct values.
    So when indices for unbalanced system is generated, the numbers are based on IRC=0? Then, we simply subtract IRC: -8 for DD, -24 for DD etc. to generated indices and use
    those numbers?

2. The best way is to start with complete basic strategy with tag values added.
    Thanks for the tip!

3. Indices vary by how you calculate the true count: Flooring, truncate, rounding; deck estimation accuracy, risk aversion, and the number of indices. Indices interact with one another You confirm by running a sim.
    This is where the extensive research and trials require to get the optimal results it seems
    Last edited by BabyShark; 02-05-2021 at 01:26 PM.

Blog Entries

1. You can set the IRC to whatever you wish in the strategy.

3. Flooring and rounding are better. Whichever is more comfortable for you.

Quote Originally Posted by BabyShark View Post
    This is where the extensive research and trials require to get the optimal results it seems
    Working on it!

Don