See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 45

Thread: Looking for Help Advice

  1. #21


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by 21forme View Post
    Let's leave NJ and MO out of the equation. For all the other states, it applies.
    In MO, they have politely told me at one casino that whichever table I play, they will deal only one deck of six, that Zi am free to play other games. I went to eat, returned to a full table, the pit guy whispered in the dealer’s ear and they immediately re+shuffled. The new 6deck was cut by one of the players, dealer cut off five decks. The ploppies started glaring at me as all this happened after I sat at the table. I left.

    At others, except one, they cut off 3 decks. That one seems to not care a damn, cuts off 5.5 off 6 decks but I never seem to win at their tables or casino.

  2. #22


    1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeeBabar View Post
    In MO, they have politely told me at one casino that whichever table I play, they will deal only one deck of six, that Zi am free to play other games. I went to eat, returned to a full table, the pit guy whispered in the dealer’s ear and they immediately re+shuffled. The new 6deck was cut by one of the players, dealer cut off five decks. The ploppies started glaring at me as all this happened after I sat at the table. I left.

    At others, except one, they cut off 3 decks. That one seems to not care a damn, cuts off 5.5 off 6 decks but I never seem to win at their tables or casino.
    The technique of choice here, perfected to an art by Bob Fisher in A.C., where they also can't bar you, was to move in on a table as they are shuffling, causing the dealer to cut off five decks there. Stay for the one deck (or not), then move on. Repeat all day long, causing them losses in revenue at all those tables where all they do is shuffle instead of deal the cards. Of course you have to have a lot of time on your hands and have as your goal to try your best to screw the casino, rather than make money for yourself. Kind of fun, though, no? See how many simultaneous shoes you can force them to cut 1/6.

    Don

  3. #23


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post
    The technique of choice here, perfected to an art by Bob Fisher in A.C., where they also can't bar you, was to move in on a table as they are shuffling, causing the dealer to cut off five decks there. Stay for the one deck (or not), then move on. Repeat all day long, causing them losses in revenue at all those tables where all they do is shuffle instead of deal the cards. Of course you have to have a lot of time on your hands and have as your goal to try your best to screw the casino, rather than make money for yourself. Kind of fun, though, no? See how many simultaneous shoes you can force them to cut 1/6.

    Don
    Don, it was difficult because other ploppies started asking the dealer why they are dealing so few and the dealer would reply that “they think there is a card counter at the table”. The ploppies would glare at you or watch you. In local casinos where regulars abound, the fact that locals know you as a card counter means trouble as you might be running into them at another local casino as well.

    In any case, I don’t enjoy those things...don’t like back off either and so, minimizing heat by keeping my spread low and max bet small is how I am comfortable handling it. I was also doing stupid stuff like not splitting or doubling down or doubling for less etc., till the folks on this forum corrected me for my stupidity.

  4. #24


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeeBabar View Post
    Don, it was difficult because other ploppies started asking the dealer why they are dealing so few and the dealer would reply that “they think there is a card counter at the table”.
    You need to play their game, Zee. After the dealer makes his comment, you can respond, "So they only want losers playing here?" and follow it along those lines. Glares don't matter.

  5. #25
    Senior Member JBourne's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Not near the ocean.
    Posts
    137


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Well, not any reason. They can't trespass you for being Asian. In NJ, they need a good reason.
    I was just told "at this point we are going to exercise our right to refuse service". They declined to further explain it, but I'm certain it's not because I'm Asian.

    And I'm not in NJ, so no good reason required.
    Last edited by JBourne; 01-26-2021 at 11:44 AM.

  6. #26


    0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by JBourne View Post
    but I'm certain it's not because I'm Asian.
    I am wondering why "Asian" has been used a lot in this situation. Why not you just say "blacks"

  7. #27


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by aceside View Post
    I am wondering why "Asian" has been used a lot in this situation. Why not you just say "blacks"
    If you truly have been an AP for 5 years as you claim, you wouldn't be asking that question. But you're just a troll. or an idiot, or both.

  8. #28


    0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by 21forme View Post
    If you truly have been an AP for 5 years as you claim, you wouldn't be asking that question. But you're just a troll. or an idiot, or both.
    I have been an AP for less than three years. I just want to make fun of you.

  9. #29


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by JBourne View Post
    I was just told "at this point we are going to exercise our right to refuse service". They declined to further explain it, but I'm certain it's not because I'm Asian.

    And I'm not in NJ, so no good reason required.
    Have any card counters tried to create a church? "The church of AP's" where one of the religious tenets is card counting. Therefore refusal of service in this instance is refusing based on a religious belief.

    Sounds like a stretch but Pastafarian's get to wear strainers on their heads while taking government ID photos. So... Lol.

  10. #30


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Below AVG IQ View Post
    Have any card counters tried to create a church? "The church of AP's" where one of the religious tenets is card counting. Therefore refusal of service in this instance is refusing based on a religious belief.

    Sounds like a stretch but Pastafarian's get to wear strainers on their heads while taking government ID photos. So... Lol.
    Research the First Church of Blackjack presided over by Bishop Arnold Snyder.

    Don

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Hi-Lo Advice
    By BetWise21 in forum General Blackjack Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-17-2016, 09:47 AM
  2. Advice
    By kt333 in forum General Blackjack Forum
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 12-31-2015, 07:45 PM
  3. Advice Please
    By tjr5259 in forum General Blackjack Forum
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 11-07-2014, 11:25 AM
  4. Little Ben: Bad advice????
    By Little Ben in forum Blackjack Beginners
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-11-2007, 08:45 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

About Blackjack: The Forum

BJTF is an advantage player site based on the principles of comity. That is, civil and considerate behavior for the mutual benefit of all involved. The goal of advantage play is the legal extraction of funds from gaming establishments by gaining a mathematic advantage and developing the skills required to use that advantage. To maximize our success, it is important to understand that we are all on the same side. Personal conflicts simply get in the way of our goals.