See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Taboo (Warning: Explicit!)

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by aceside View Post
    You need an IQ number of 119 to count card for profit. Mine is above this number but I am still losing.
    An IQ of 119 and you can't figure out what is wrong? Really?

You don't need the IQ of Einstein to do mental arithmetic in your head...which is what card counting really is.

Aren't you someone who is new to this too? Should you be spouting off stuff like this?

Banned or Suspended

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by dogman_1234 View Post
    An IQ of 119 and you can't figure out what is wrong? Really?

You don't need the IQ of Einstein to do mental arithmetic in your head...which is what card counting really is.

Aren't you someone who is new to this too? Should you be spouting off stuff like this?
    I apologize for saying baseless things. I just wanted to post more to make new friends. I will try to refrain from doing this. I would say to win or to lose in blackjack depends a lot on player’s personalities. I probably need to be bold and ready to lose big sometimes too.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    I decided to go with reKO, which I thought was a little humorous considering I was initially eyeing a L2 system with a SC and then ended up picking what is probably the simplest count around.

Anyways... My question is while playing blackjack in CVBJ there's a lot of flat betting till late in the deck, I was wondering if this is normal or if this is a byproduct of the way reKO works (starting at -20)? And the more important aspect of this question is, does it look suspicious when someone is flat betting the first half of the deck and then decides to start fluctuating his/her bets near the end of the shoe?

-----

As I'm writing this I found part of my problem may have been my betting ramp? I was using a 1-20 spread I put together using CVCX:

(In units)
    <=-3: 1,
    -2: 3,
    -1/0: 5,
    1/3: 10,
    4/5: 15
    6+ : 20

But the book recommends a 1-15 spread:

<=-4: 1
    -3/-2: 2
    -1/1: 5
    2/3: 10
    4+: 15

I appreciate all responses and advice. My apologies for my noobish-ness

Quote Originally Posted by Below AVG IQ View Post
    I decided to go with reKO, which I thought was a little humorous considering I was initially eyeing a L2 system with a SC and then ended up picking what is probably the simplest count around.

Anyways... My question is while playing blackjack in CVBJ there's a lot of flat betting till late in the deck, I was wondering if this is normal or if this is a byproduct of the way reKO works (starting at -20)? And the more important aspect of this question is, does it look suspicious when someone is flat betting the first half of the deck and then decides to start fluctuating his/her bets near the end of the shoe?
    Yup. You will get more aggressive in your better at the end of a shoe when counting.

In fact, it's a tell-tale sign to management they may have an AP at their table.

Consider simulating bet spread limits when you leave a bad shoe at some given RC and/or depth. Make sure your RoR is something you are comfortable with given your current bankroll.

Quote Originally Posted by dogman_1234 View Post
    Yup. You will get more aggressive in your better at the end of a shoe when counting.

In fact, it's a tell-tale sign to management they may have an AP at their table.

Consider simulating bet spread limits when you leave a bad shoe at some given RC and/or depth. Make sure your RoR is something you are comfortable with given your current bankroll.
    CVCX says my Risk of Ruin is 0.3% based on my 1-20 spread and betting ramp. This is also with 4.5 pen, H17, Das, and there are (Probably) better games around but I figured this was the most common and prefer to sim on the conservative side..

A few questions regarding what you mentioned. (RoR & Wonging)

At what point should one be Wonging out using reKO? I know people like to Wong out at a TC of -2 or even -1 but with reKO we use a RC and start at -20.

The other question is, is there an optimal range on RoR? I'm assuming RoR tends to vary widely from person to person depending on their risk-taking propensity but is there a point where we're just sacrificing EV?

Help for you- https://www.blackjackinfo.com/commun...uestions.9666/ Here are ALL the answers to your questions.
    "Don't Cast Your Pearls Before Swine" (Jesus)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12