As a new player one of the first things you must do in order to count cards is obviously to pick a card counting system. My God... The search for this answer leads you down a vicious blood covered path that falls just short of people pulling down their pants and whipping out the rulers.

I think it's safe to assume that when trying to solve for x and "New" is in the equation, the advice will be to stick to Hi-lo or REKO. And I'll heed that advice, that being said I was drawn to Hi-Opt II. So, I was wondering if learning/starting at a more complex system is worth it for someone looking for a system with versatility or if a level 1 system is sufficient.

^Also since we're in the winter months of a pandemic I thought maybe with adjusting for taking away the usual opportunity cost of spending a few extra hundred hours learning (Or whatever hours) might make it closer?

----------

I played around with it for a bit just practicing counting down a deck. (With ASC) Then I went to CVBJ to take a peek at the deviations to see what they were like and saw (I believe?) that they were all in a RC instead of a TC? It also dawned on me that I had no idea what to do with the information of the ASC. lol.