Thread: Stimulus Check

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Stimulus Check

Boy, that was quick. I noticed a $1,200 stimulus check pending in my checking account. Should have it the first business day of the New Year. Anybody else get their check yet.

Heck, with all this complaining going on this year I have more wealth by about $20,000 than at the end of last year, even though I moved most of my 401(k) to cash. My stock mutual funds set a record high. Very strange year after losing around $150,000 in stock value in March. Now just hoping market doesn't cash in the next couple days.

Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Player View Post
    Boy, that was quick. I noticed a $1,200 stimulus check pending in my checking account. Should have it the first business day of the New Year. Anybody else get their check yet.

Heck, with all this complaining going on this year I have more wealth by about $20,000 than at the end of last year, even though I moved most of my 401(k) to cash. My stock mutual funds set a record high. Very strange year after losing around $150,000 in stock value in March. Now just hoping market doesn't cash in the next couple days.
    I converted nothing to cash. Even though I lost more value than you on a market value perspective, much of what I hold are dividend paying machines regardless of market. Now, from a market value perspective, I not only recovered the 20-25% initially lost, but gained (as of yesterday) 12.65% for the year from last years Dec 31 ATH.

Blackjack wise, I made 22k year from play (2 sessions January, 1 February, about 30 September Oct). I also gained 44k in value on my “G” (Gambling) stock account.

What remains to be seen is market impact after Biden's inauguration.

I don't think the inauguration will be a big deal, but I don't expect the first few quarters of 2021 to be pretty.