See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Vaccine and plans to fly to play..

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    I am waiting on this one....much better.
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...v2aKLdacPFVUgc

Quote Originally Posted by ZeeBabar View Post
    I am waiting on this one....much better.
    It may be better, but that hasn't been proven. This preliminary study showed only that this vaccine forms antibodies and that it is safe.
    It will be months before further studies will or won't won't show that its use decreases disease and death.

I took the 2nd Pfizer vaccine yesterday at 11AM. Woke at 4AM today with shaking chills. After 15 minutes of continuous chills, I took a Tylenol & chills gone in 20 minutes. No recurrence of other problem in the 13 hours since onset of chills.

One tip to get vaccine faster....lots of convalescent homes have ordered vaccines based upon their staff and patients but find that some don’t want to take the vaccine. Now, if you have a connection...

Quote Originally Posted by ZeeBabar View Post
    One tip to get vaccine faster....lots of convalescent homes have ordered vaccines based upon their staff and patients but find that some don’t want to take the vaccine. Now, if you have a connection...
    There are a lot of COVID vaccines administered but the coronavirus cases and deaths are still going up. I'll see if the vaccine really solves the coronavirus situation.

Quote Originally Posted by seriousplayer View Post
    There are a lot of COVID vaccines administered
    I wouldn't call 5% of the population a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by 21forme View Post
    I wouldn't call 5% of the population a lot.
    The exact number is 31,123,000 more than the coronavirus cases in the United States. There are 49,933,300 coronavirus vaccine distributed. But the cases are still going up and new variants are popping up in the United States.
    Last edited by seriousplayer; 01-31-2021 at 04:55 PM.

The first shot has very limited effectiveness, especially in the first few weeks after the vaccine dose.

Currently 1.8% of the population have had 2 doses.

Quote Originally Posted by 21forme View Post
    The first shot has very limited effectiveness, especially in the first few weeks after the vaccine dose.

Currently 1.8% of the population have had 2 doses.
    Well, the J&J vaccine is one shot which is getting closer to distribution.

Blog Entries

J&J is going to run trials on two shots.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    J&J is going to run trials on two shots.
    Good idea, considering how one shot worked out for them. I suspect two shots will be 95+%

0 out of 4 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Why would airlines care if we have been vaccinated if vaccines dont prevent transmission?

I wear masks, but they may not work. Some believe its like trying to keep a fly from coming into a yard surrounded by chained linked fence.

Finally, even if the virus was not started with malicious intent, the current vaccine 'movement' 'feels' (I know, weak, right?) nefarious. Conspiracy? Perhaps. But it feels like the media is using fear to persuade people to act. "New Strain Discovered in Amazon Basin Has Scientists Concerned - News at 11" (sarcasm). Possible unconscious 'conspiracy': media makes money from dramatic, fear-inducing stories. Wouldnt it be nice to read a 'boring' headline entitled: "Vaccines Working Better Than Expected" or ""Lots of Cities Have Access to Vaccines!"

Also, I cant reject the possibility of, for example, 112 variants requiring 18 different vaccines by 2023. Any end in sight? Similarly, for example, do you guys know how many vaccines are recommended for today's youth? A LOT! At the same time, I read something about how the likelihood of dying, from, say, tetanus, is about 100,000,000 to one (please dont quote me on the exact claim - look it up.).

These Coronavirus vaccinations are understandably but still hastitly (comparatively) being produced. You guys are all about the long-term, but we have no idea of possible serious side effects from vaccination. And this virus is extremely survivable. Its a lot to ask a 30 year-old healthy male, for instance, to get vaccinated.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Overkill View Post
    I read something about how the likelihood of dying, from, say, tetanus, is about 100,000,000 to one
    Seriously people, please stop posting insane crap from goofy sites and conspiracy theorists. The mortality rate from tetanus in the US is about 1 in 3 without immediate attention. About half of deaths are young children. The reason so few people die of it is that people are vaccinated. Just had a booster in October. The fact that such a huge percentage of people are vaccinated is why the death rate is low as even non-vaccinated people are less likely to catch it due to the high vaccination rate.
    Last edited by Norm; 02-01-2021 at 06:02 PM.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast