See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Vaccine and plans to fly to play..

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    The NYPost is a very poor source. .
    Aah, now I understand why the mainstream media never picked up their story before the elections...

Blog Entries

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    This was long after the election. Please stop with the bullshit, political conspiracy crap.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

The NYPost is a very poor source. I read the original Norwegian press release, and it doesn't make any definitive claim. It does say that if you are extremely frail or terminal, an mRNA vaccine could hasten death.
    This is not what I read from many sources. There are 23 otherwise healthy elderly Norwegian people turning dead after receiving the Pfizer vaccine. Some nations like China have banned Pfizer vaccine after the incident.

Blog Entries

Then stop reading bad sources. They were all in nursing homes and many were terminally ill.

Ahh, that story about banning Pfizer is in the Global Times. The Global Times is run by the Chinese Communist Party's People's Daily newspaper, China is pushing it's own vaccine. Which isn't very good.
    Last edited by Norm; 01-16-2021 at 10:55 AM.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Quote Originally Posted by BJGenius007 View Post
    Some nations like China have banned Pfizer vaccine after the incident.
    But it's OK for them to ship Covid-flavored ice cream:
    https://www.standard.co.uk/news/worl...a-b900010.html

When I first saw this story, I googled it for other sources, one of which was the NY Post

Blog Entries

And yesterday, 762,615 pounds of hot pockets manufactured in the Kentucky were recalled because they had bits of glass in them. Recalls are quite common.
    Last edited by Norm; 01-16-2021 at 11:05 AM.

Then stop reading bad sources. They were all in nursing homes and many were terminally ill.

Ahh, that story about banning Pfizer is in the Global Times. The Global Times is run by the Chinese Communist Party's People's Daily newspaper, China is pushing it's own vaccine. Which isn't very good.
    I think both Chinese and Pfizer vaccines are not very good. Thankfully we have many choices. But the only one I would take is the vaccine developed by Oxford University.

Blog Entries

Pfizer's is fine. I'd prefer Moderna, which is what most sites in NYC have. J&J's looks substantially better than both. But not yet available and their production is way behind. The Oxford/AstraZeneca is questionable and not likely to be available in the US for quite some time.

Pfizer's is fine. I'd prefer Moderna, which is what most sites in NYC have. J&J's looks substantially better than both. But not yet available and their production is way behind. The Oxford/AstraZeneca is questionable and not likely to be available in the US for quite some time.
    Any reason why you prefer Moderna over Pfizer? Moderna is also my first choice for reasons I listed on BJ21 on the politics page. I don't know much about J&J vaccine, but I thought it was only about 70% effective. In my area there are two choices, Pfizer and Moderna. My brother is scheduled to get the Moderna vaccine next week. We will see how that goes. I'm out of luck as all slots are filled and they are no longer taking any more names for the waiting list.

Blog Entries

I prefer one that doesn't have a slight chance of being compromised in handling. Although, I think that's unlikely. With J&J, 90% of participants made antibodies within 29 days after receiving the shot and all participants formed antibodies within 57 days. It only requires one shot. The two shot regimen looks iffy as the promised second doses supposedly in storage don't exist, and how do you even get an appointment for a second dose?

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    and how do you even get an appointment for a second dose?
    You make an appointment for a second injection prior to leaving the site where you received your first dose.

The discussion about which vaccine anyone wants to receive is mostly inconsequential. Most of us will accept whichever is offered to us first. My wife & I received the Pfizer vaccine a week ago. Neither of us had any reaction.

Blog Entries

Problem is, they now say they are not keeping vaccines in storage for second doses, and the sites I've visited ask if you want first or second. But, it varies by state -- and even cities in some cases. But yes, I'll take what I can get.

Quote Originally Posted by BJGenius007 View Post
    I think both Chinese and Pfizer vaccines are not very good. Thankfully we have many choices. But the only one I would take is the vaccine developed by Oxford University.
    The vaccines developed by Oxford University is the vector vaccine. The vector vaccine give you the COVID-19 virus, which they say is harmless. I am not take the viral vector vaccine. Maybe the other vaccines.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast