See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Player Bankroll Management

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeeBabar View Post
    when did the “one crazy dude” do this bankroll growth? “It’s doable” like it’s doable to win America got Talent. If you “have a family” and that includes spouse and children, playing full time to support the family is, in my opinion, dumb, selfish and not worth it. The stress, time away from family, is a heavy price, invest in something..
    As always, you have it all wrong, Arby. And you remain stubbornly stupid to the end of your days.

"The old have no very important advice to give the young, their own experience has been so partial, and their lives have been such miserable failures, for private reasons, as they must believe; and it may be that they have some faith left which belies that experience, and they are only less young than they were. I have lived some thirty years on this planet, and I have yet to hear the first syllable of valuable or even earnest advice from my seniors. They have told me nothing, and probably cannot tell me anything to the purpose. Here is life, an experiment to a great extent untried by me; but it does not avail me that they have tried it. If I have any experience which I think valuable, I am sure to reflect that this my Mentors said nothing about.” --Henry David Thoreau

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaconne View Post
    I'm doing an interview with Richard M soon and you'll have the opportunity to hear how one crazy dude grew a bankroll of that size to something much bigger over the years (with S Wong and bigplayer's help). It's doable but stressful, especially if you're playing full-time and have a family (as I do).
    when did the “one crazy dude” do this bankroll growth? “It’s doable” like it’s doable to win America got Talent. If you “have a family” and that includes spouse and children, playing full time to support the family is, in my opinion, dumb, selfish and not worth it. The stress, time away from family, is a heavy price, invest in something..

As always, you have it all wrong, Arby. And you remain stubbornly stupid to the end of your days.

"The old have no very important advice to give the young, their own experience has been so partial, and their lives have been such miserable failures, for private reasons, as they must believe; and it may be that they have some faith left which belies that experience, and they are only less young than they were. I have lived some thirty years on this planet, and I have yet to hear the first syllable of valuable or even earnest advice from my seniors. They have told me nothing, and probably cannot tell me anything to the purpose. Here is life, an experiment to a great extent untried by me; but it does not avail me that they have tried it. If I have any experience which I think valuable, I am sure to reflect that this my Mentors said nothing about.” --Henry David Thoreau

Chaconne, ZeeBabar does not have it wrong he said it right on the money. He was being a practical and responsible adult in his response. By you saying what you did is doable, please. I'm not saying that you did not support your family from AP play, but what I will say is that is the exception rather than the rule, and a family man must deal in realities not dreams.

Regarding that Henry David Thoreau's above quote, It seems that he was an apparent know-it-all who evidently never listened.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

You think you will grow $20,000 to some undisclosed amount playing Blackjack full time while married and with children. I wonder which you will have lost first. Your family or your money. You have been on BJA too long...

If you are using that quote of Thoreau, you have probably lost your parents a long time ago..

You think you will grow $20,000 to some undisclosed amount playing Blackjack full time while married and with children. I wonder which you will have lost first. Your family or your money. You have been on BJA too long...

If you are using that quote of Thoreau, you have probably lost your parents a long time ago..
    I have played professionally for several years and won mid-six figures from counting alone. My bankroll is in the low six figures. I am not a member of BJA. One of my parents is dead, the other alive. I live a full life with plenty of time to enjoy the outdoors and music with my family. You have remained stupid over the years. Good luck not getting banned from the last forum available to you.

I didn't ask for extra cheese, Arby, but I got it.
    Last edited by Chaconne; 12-27-2020 at 08:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox View Post
    Chaconne, ZeeBabar does not have it wrong he said it right on the money. He was being a practical and responsible adult in his response. By you saying what you did is doable, please. I'm not saying that you did not support your family from AP play, but what I will say is that is the exception rather than the rule, and a family man must deal in realities not dreams.

Regarding that Henry David Thoreau's above quote, It seems that he was an apparent know-it-all who evidently never listened.
    Why do I even post here? You and Arby know way more about my blackjack play and life than I do.
    Last edited by Chaconne; 12-27-2020 at 08:41 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123