See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Zee, Did You Test Positive for the Covid

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    I got a negative on the first test Zi took (at CVS pharmacy), the result of the second test is due Monday.

However, my son spent yesterday hanging out with 3 friends. They went in one car for dinner, played “spike ball” and he came home last night. He lay between Mom and Dad (me) last night and we were both affectionate with him. This morning, he found that two of the three friends he hung out with got positive test results today. He is isolating himself for now. He will get tested next Tuesday. Don’t know what to make of it.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeeBabar View Post
    Don’t know what to make of it.
    You like playing with fire?

I got a negative on the first test Zi took (at CVS pharmacy), the result of the second test is due Monday.

However, my son spent yesterday hanging out with 3 friends. They went in one car for dinner, played “spike ball” and he came home last night. He lay between Mom and Dad (me) last night and we were both affectionate with him. This morning, he found that two of the three friends he hung out with got positive test results today. He is isolating himself for now. He will get tested next Tuesday. Don’t know what to make of it.
    I imagine you also forgot the part that, while they were playing, no one wore a mask, right? What made the friends get tested in the first place? There must have been some reason why they went. And, they didn't mention that to your son?

Multiply this by 330 million people across the country, doing similar stupid things, and you'll quickly understand why we're up shit's creek. It's probably impossible to reckon just how many people are going to die merely because of large family gatherings for Thanksgiving. Sigh.

Don

Why does a 18 year old son have to lay between Mom and Dad. Yeah, I remember going in my parents bed at 8 years old, but never at 18. Maybe different culture?

By the way, did your son ever get that special birthday present you promised at 18. Maybe I got it wrong and the present was going to be at 21.

Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post
    I imagine you also forgot the part that, while they were playing, no one wore a mask, right? What made the friends get tested in the first place? There must have been some reason why they went. And, they didn't mention that to your son?

Multiply this by 330 million people across the country, doing similar stupid things, and you'll quickly understand why we're up shit's creek. It's probably impossible to reckon just how many people are going to die merely because of large family gatherings for Thanksgiving. Sigh.

Don
    His friends had all taken tests at their universities prior to boarding flights to return home. I think they started out wearing masks but took them off while eating and then playing.

in any case, what’s done is done. It’s tough for teenagers to handle it.

Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Player View Post
    Why does a 18 year old son have to lay between Mom and Dad. Yeah, I remember going in my parents bed at 8 years old, but never at 18. Maybe different culture?

By the way, did your son ever get that special birthday present you promised at 18. Maybe I got it wrong and the present was going to be at 21.
    Both parents like to hug their kids. It’s a sort of ritual where we end the day with my son (same thing before daughter grew up, graduated from college) coming up, sit on our bed and talk, kid, make light fun while Mom gives her lectures (brush your teeth before you go to bed, atleast 2 minutes or when is he going to get his hair cut or shave, etc) and I ask about his friends, sports or tech stuff. If he is late coming up (from his bedroom in the basement) and we have already laid down, he will get in and lie with us for a bit before he return to his bed.

We like it.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Hope Norm doesn’t ban me for this link. It’s interesting.....John Hopkins and others...wonder what math folks think...

https://www.aier.org/article/new-stu...-covid-deaths/

Hope Norm doesn’t ban me for this link.
    If you have to hope that, you probably shouldn't post it. Keyword in artcile is unverified

Hope Norm doesn’t ban me for this link. It’s interesting.....John Hopkins and others...wonder what math folks think...

https://www.aier.org/article/new-stu...-covid-deaths/
    This report of a study cited in the CDC's Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report disagrees with those findings.
    https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/...gestedcitation
    According to the study, there were over 299,000 excess deaths (198,00 due to COVID-19) in the US from 1/26/20-10/3/20.

If the citation takes you to the bottom of the page, scroll to the top for a short summary of the study.
    Last edited by 21frogman; 11-30-2020 at 10:51 AM.

It's spreading like wildfire! People are not taking this seriously enough. There are issues beyond the initial illness, a high probability of long term health issues. You don't want to get this virus.

If vaccine became available, would you volunteer to take it on its da6 of release?

Absolutely. I will be first in line. My life has been on hold for almost 10 months. Not gonna last much longer. I feel like I am living in some kind of a Sci-fi "B" movie.

Me, too, though I won't qualify to be first in line.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast