Thread: Best way to run $1,000 into $20,000

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Best way to run $1,000 into $20,000

(title is supposed to say $16,000) which of these scenarios would give the player the best chance of running $1,000 into $16,000 ?

we dont care about losing the $1,000 it is play chips, but only cashable if $16k is hit.

optimal game in my eyes would be going all in on a coin flip until 16k is hit. so you would need to win 4 flips in a row.

however, there are limits to bets.

baccarat has a max of $500

8 deck blackjack (standard rules, ~0.5 HE) has a max of $2500

1 deck blackjack (great rules, literal break even EV with perfect play) has a $200 max

i have thought of 2 different ways to try to run it up:

1) with 1000, bet 200 a hand at single deck until 4,000 is obtained (+15 units) then, go to 8 deck with 4,000 and play 800 a hand until 16k is obtained (+15 units)

or

2) play 1k a hand at 8 deck until 16k is obtained

option 1 is turning 5 units into 20 units (x2)

option 2 is turning 1 unit into 16 units

with needing to at times split and such to play hands correctly, im not sure which of these would give the best chance of running up

how can i calculate the odds of option 1 happening vs option 2 happening?

does anyone have any other suggestions on how to try to run 1k into 16k with limited maxes? slots could be something to look into too to try to hit a jackpot but that feels harder to do than tables, but i dont have math to back that up.
    Last edited by blueman; 11-21-2020 at 12:02 AM.
    May the Variance be with you.

Quote Originally Posted by blueman View Post
    we dont care about losing the $1,000 it is play chips, but only cashable if $16k is hit.
    If you reach the 16k cash out requirement do you receive $16K or only $1k?

How many rounds are you getting in that single deck game would be important, as well as the cut card placement in the shoe game. Plus what are the minimum bets in those two games.
    Last edited by BoSox; 11-21-2020 at 06:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox View Post
    If you reach the 16k cash out requirement do you receive $16K or only $1k?
    You'd get all 16k

How many rounds are you getting in that single deck game would be important, as well as the cut card placement in the shoe game. Plus what are the minimum bets in those two games.
    Video bj, one hand, csm

Theyre both video bj, csm, minimum $1 but the minimum is irrelevant, you would never bet tiny. Im looking to run it up to 16k quickly or bust. Sure if i hit 15k i would want to adjust bet size, but for the ease of this query, i am not factoring that in. Lets try to get to 16k with as little coin in as we can with those table maxes and trying to play to lose the least in ev.

If the Single deck were 2500 max as well, well then this wouldnt be a conversation, itd be play it all there.

To make it easy, how can we figure out the odds of winning 15 units (starting with 5 units) vs the odds of winning 15 units (starting with 1 unit)

Then it will be odds of (5 to win 15)^2 vs odds of (1 to win 15)