See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Been exposed...

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post
    He can get it new here for $22.49. https://www.lasvegasadvisor.com/shop...-the-pros-way/ Are you so hard up for the cash that you'll sell it to him for less than that, including the shipping???

Don
    Darn. I paid $28 on Amazon in the middle of last night when I couldn't sleep for thinking about the game. A couple of years ago I gave a friend my old first addition with the yucky yellow cover 'cause I never could find study time while I was working more than full time at a "real" job. Now after reading comments about how much it has changed in three editions, I'm on the fence about getting it back and either encasing it a protective cover and storing it inside a safe or using it as fuel for an epic hotdog/marshmellow roast...

Quote Originally Posted by freightman View Post
    least you could have done was to attach a link

https://youtu.be/pi9jfp0cnig
    lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Player View Post
    Actually was thinking about buying this new little beast this year. It's a 2 stage all electric cordless snow blower by Ego. First year it is out. It will be a good back up in case my snow plower guy gets the covid and can't come.
    https://egopowerplus.com/two-stage-snow-blower-snt2400/
    Please buy Zee's book first before the snow thrower, otherwise you may put off buying one or the other for another year. You do not want to be splurging now do you?
    Last edited by BoSox; 11-22-2020 at 05:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox View Post
    On another note I do not find your political jokes on another site funny at all.
    Why don't you post that other note on the site of concern?

Quote Originally Posted by 21forme View Post
    Why don't you post that other note on the site of concern?
    I second that......been banned a couple of times here for posting mildly political posts..

Quote Originally Posted by Countess J View Post
    Darn. I paid $28 on Amazon in the middle of last night when I couldn't sleep for thinking about the game. A couple of years ago I gave a friend my old first addition with the yucky yellow cover 'cause I never could find study time while I was working more than full time at a "real" job. Now after reading comments about how much it has changed in three editions, I'm on the fence about getting it back and either encasing it a protective cover and storing it inside a safe or using it as fuel for an epic hotdog/marshmallow roast...
    Now THAT is a collector's item! Cover was 100% Arnold Snyder's doing. I had nothing to do with it. Disgusting mustard color, binding made of straw. Terribly disappointing to me. We've made some progress since then!

Don

Quote Originally Posted by Countess J View Post
    Darn. I paid $28 on Amazon in the middle of last night when I couldn't sleep for thinking about the game. A couple of years ago I gave a friend my old first addition with the yucky yellow cover 'cause I never could find study time while I was working more than full time at a "real" job. Now after reading comments about how much it has changed in three editions, I'm on the fence about getting it back and either encasing it a protective cover and storing it inside a safe or using it as fuel for an epic hotdog/marshmellow roast...
    I still love my yucky yellow cover edition even though there are now over a hundred loose pages in it, but they are in order. Sometimes I still quote from that book. What I like the most about my book is all the highlighting also in yellow that I did throughout the book.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    I finally understand why the US has the most Coronavirus Cases (over 12 million) because some people don't listen and they going to get other people infected. Over 1 million people is traveling for Thanksgiving, after the CDC warned against traveling for Thanksgiving. They do it anyways! I had to cancel my family dinner due to COVID-19. It is not worth getting infected just for a turkey dinner and giving your children infected.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by seriousplayer View Post
    I finally understand why the US has the most Coronavirus Cases (over 12 million) because some people don't listen and they going to get other people infected. Over 1 million people is traveling for Thanksgiving, after the CDC warned against traveling for Thanksgiving. They do it anyways! I had to cancel my family dinner due to COVID-19. It is not worth getting infected just for a turkey dinner and giving your children infected.
    Don’t worry. These are also the people’s DEMAND everything to be done for their loved ones, even though they probably gave their family members covid in the first place......

there’s no responsibility towards anyone else but me! Me! Me! Me!

Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post
    What's a collector's item, BJA3??

Don
    If it's the signed, personalized hardback copy that I have, it's most certainly a remarkably valuable collector's item! Not for sale, though. It might ultimately have to go to the Smithsonian or something along those lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarzan View Post
    If it's the signed, personalized hardback copy that I have, it's most certainly a remarkably valuable collector's item! Not for sale, though. It might ultimately have to go to the Smithsonian or something along those lines.
    Ah, forgot about those. But they come in two varieties: 1) ones that I may have signed personally in someone's presence and 2) the 500 numbered ones that I signed for RGE when the hardcover was first published. These were sold at a slight premium (forget how much) to the original cover price of $39.99 and so are, I suppose, somewhat rarer.

Don

Don can easily make 10 times the amount in royalties from Blackjack Attack. A few years ago before this last printing of BJA3, it was in short supply. You could go to Amazon and see prices in the $800 range. All he has to do is withhold the book from the market for a few years like Grosjean did and then just release a few books each year. If he only released 20 books each year at $1,000 a pop he could make $20,000 in royalties instead of just $2,000 a year. I wonder if Grosjean is doing this?

Of course, we know Don won't do this because he doesn't want to see any spelling errors in the bootleg copies that are bound to pop up.
    Last edited by Midwest Player; 11-30-2020 at 08:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Player View Post
    Don can easily make 10 times the amount in royalties from Blackjack Attack. A few years ago before this last printing BJA3, it was in short supply. You could go to Amazon and see prices in the $800 range. All he has to do is withhold the book from the market for a few years like Grosjean did and then just release a few books each year. If he only released 20 books each year at $1,000 a pop he could make $20,000 in royalties instead of just $2,000 a year. I wonder if Grosjean is doing this?

Of course, we know Don won't do this because he doesn't want to see any spelling errors in the bootleg copies that are bound to pop up.
    Attn Don
    Brings up an interesting point. How many copies of BJA3 are out there? The answer to that would bring up a number of other interesting questions and comments.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast