See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Been exposed...

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Been exposed...

On Wednesday, I had coffee with an old friend in her small living room. She told me that she had taken a Covid test, was waiting for her result. Apparently the entire office staff where she worked was asked to take the test. She wasn’t wearing a mask and I did not either as she served tea and cookies. She was about 4-6 feet from me. I spent about 45 minutes with her.

Today, Friday, she called me to apologize, said she tested positive. She has no symptoms. She said the county might be contacting me (so far, they have not). I looked up what to do after contact with someone who tested positive and it says to quarantine myself for 2 weeks. However, after I saw the person and before I heard of her Covid positive test, I was in close contact with my son and spouse.

Now what? I guess I quarantine myself but how. I am wearing a mask at home but my son and wife have their school and job to go to. I live in a small condo. The spouse and Zi watch TV together, eat dinner together. I suppose we can keep 6 feet apart.

The doctor told me to wait for a minimum of 5 days after contact before getting myself tested. This means I get tested on Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeeBabar View Post
    On Wednesday, I had coffee with an old friend in her small living room. She told me that she had taken a Covid test, was waiting for her result. Apparently the entire office staff where she worked was asked to take the test. She wasn’t wearing a mask and I did not either as she served tea and cookies. She was about 4-6 feet from me. I spent about 45 minutes with her.

Today, Friday, she called me to apologize, said she tested positive. She has no symptoms. She said the county might be contacting me (so far, they have not). I looked up what to do after contact with someone who tested positive and it says to quarantine myself for 2 weeks. However, after I saw the person and before I heard of her Covid positive test, I was in close contact with my son and spouse.

Now what? I guess I quarantine myself but how. I am wearing a mask at home but my son and wife have their school and job to go to. I live in a small condo. The spouse and Zi watch TV together, eat dinner together. I suppose we can keep 6 feet apart.

The doctor told me to wait for a minimum of 5 days after contact before getting myself tested. This means I get tested on Monday.
    Yep. All you can do is wait.....
    be safe, don’t spend time with friends in confined space. Outside is okay, inside no good.

Dr. Theresa Tam, Canada’s top Doctor, provides advice for vigorous close quarter activity. Included in this treasure trove of useful information - Don't kiss, just chew the fat.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/corona...vity-1.5090359
    Last edited by Freightman; 11-20-2020 at 04:43 PM. Reason: Add link

Quote Originally Posted by ZeeBabar View Post

This is what the consequence are for people who don't wear face mask or don't believe in wearing a face mask. Take the flu shot this season and keep social distancing. Wearing face mask could save lives.

Blog Entries

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Do what your doctor says to do.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    No need to be all doom and gloom.

Zee, just kiss your ass goodbye.

Zee, there is a good chance you didn't get it. My brother's wife works for the school system as a teacher's assistant. The teacher got covid and she was exposed. She had to quarantine for either 10 days or two weeks not sure how long. Then she got exposed again as her 94 year old mother got the covid from her other daughter. Again she didn't get the covid. By the way, the 94 year old mother beat the covid (she had a positive test) and is now doing fine. However, I don't think my brother's wife ever got tested. She just quarantined for the necessary time and never got sick, and neither did my brother get the covid.
    Last edited by Midwest Player; 11-21-2020 at 01:00 PM.

You should make a will. Just in case. You can make a list of what members are in the will. I’m just fucking with you. You be ok. Just listen to your Dr.

You will be okay even if you have it. Survival rate for people is 94.6 for people over 70. + Even for you.

Quote Originally Posted by beating vegas View Post
    Just listen to your Dr.
    If he followed the recommendations, He wouldn't be in this predicament now. Sitting indoors across from a non-household member, unmasked for 45 minutes is the perfect setup for transmission.
    And Zee, you should check with your doc and/or local health department about what your wife and son should do now.

Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Player View Post
    Zee, just kiss your ass goodbye.

Zee, there is a good chance you didn't get it. My brother's wife works for the school system as a teacher's assistant. The teacher got covid and she was exposed. She had to quarantine for either 10 days or two weeks not sure how long. Then she got exposed again as her 94 year old mother got the covid from her other daughter. Again she didn't get the covid. By the way, the 94 year old mother beat the covid (she had a positive test) and is now doing fine. However, I don't think my bother's wife ever got tested. She just quarantined for the necessary time and never got sick, and neither did my brother get the covid.
    That's taking chances. Your brother's wife is lucky she didn't get COVID-19 when exposed to someone who got COVID-19, but she won't get lucky every time. She might get impacted later if she stay in that environment.

With the large number of cases in the US, the risk of becoming infected is dramatically increased. So It's even more important to wear a mask when you are near someone who is not in your household (& when someone in your household has or is suspected of having a Coronavirus infection.)
    I always have a mask with me when I am out of the house.
    My wife was told yesterday that she was in the same room with someone who tested + for COVID 4 days prior to her being told. My wife was wearing a mask the entire time. We don't know why the + person was tested (contact to case or symptoms) but hope to find out Monday & get a test the same day.

We are all aware of your sexual adventures was this one of them? Tea and cookies I don't think so.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast