Thread: CV Data - Not generating regarding my settings

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

CV Data - Not generating regarding my settings

I purchased recently the CV Data software.
    I'm still learning. But there is something I don't understand. Maybe it's me or maybe I'm having problems with the software.

Now... It's about the Index generating.

My settings:

Setup -----> 6 Decks

Rules -----> Dealer hits soft 17 (ticked)

Indexes ---> "Sweet 16"

In "Table Sets" (in the "Indexes" section) there isn't ticked anything.... so the indexes should be generating according my settings.

But now the problem:
    After simulating, when I check at the tables, there are only indexes shown for single deck (in my setup i chose 6 decks) and
    only for S17 (I chose H17) and there are also lots of indexes shown (I chose "Sweet 16")

Maybe it's me and I don't know the very essential things of "CV Data".

I would appreciate your help!

Blog Entries

If you are only generating one set of indices, they go in the first column of the results. It is labeled single deck, but applies to any number of decks since there is only one column.

CVIndex adds to the strategy that you use as a start. So, if it has indices, you will end up with those indices for indices you do not generate. If yo wish to only have the indices that yo generate, then start with a strategy that had no indices.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

I'm still a bit confused. So let's say I want to generate Indices of Red 7 (Shoe games) and I want only "Sweet 16"... Which playing strategy (or do I need to create a new one?) should I choose and which settings?
    I'm very new at it .. so thank you for your understanding.

Blog Entries

Create a new strategy that has the Red7 tags and initial running count and no indices. Use that as your starting strategy.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Thanks!
    I'll try it. I hope it's gonna work.

Another question which has not to do exactly with this.. but I don't want to create another thread.

It has to do with CVCX & CVData

I'm still unsure when it comes to the surrender rule.
    In the "Index Table Selection" there I have the option to tick "early surrender". When do I need to tick it? Or what does it change?
    Do I need to tick it, when there are "ES 10" rules?

Thanks for explaining.

Blog Entries

It changes the hands that you can specify. You don't need to click it unless you are going to surrender unusual hands like 13vA

Thanks a lot!

Another thing with the "surrender" .. in the "Index Table Selection" is the "Surrender-Table" mean that its Late Surrender? So if I want ES10, so I would have to create another playing strategy to get the ES10 strategy?

If it's a ENHC game I could put the ES10 strategy on the No Hole Card strategy as Late Surrender does not exist in ENHC, right?

Blog Entries

Yes to all.